Epilogue 2

Epilogue 2

Remember The Games

~*~

If I close my eyes, I can still remember your dazzling green eyes, jet black hair, and perfectly soft lips.

I can remember everything about you, Percy. I can still hear you laugh sometimes. I can still see the way your eyes lit up when you smiled.

Things were different back then.

My eyes fluttered open from the sound of a baby's cries and I groggily stepped out of bed, looking at my alarm clock that lit up the time. It was three in the morning.

I knew he'd wake up tonight. 

We went to the arcade earlier today because my daughter was begging to go. It was loud there and right now, it was pouring as well. Loud noises never sat well with you and I guess it showed in him.

I dragged my feet out of my bedroom, ignoring him snoring softly behind me. How he could sleep through the baby's loud cries was way beyond me.

I bent down and scooped the six month old baby up into my arms and rocked him back and forth. "Shh, it's okay Ollie. Mommy's here," I whispered, sitting down in a rocking chair in the corner of the room.

I was wearing pajama shorts and a tank top as I sat down with Oliver in my arms, rocking him, wrapped in his baby blanket.

Eventually, the crying stopped and he just looked up at me with those big green eyes.

I know this sounds crazy, but I swear he looks like you. He has your sea-green eyes, your jet black hair, and I can already tell he'll be a heartbreaker when he grows up.

I know it sounds crazy, but his dad has blue eyes and brown hair. 

Oliver Percy Taylor is his full name.

His dad let me name him after you, but I have no idea why—he's too good to me sometimes. Or all the time.

When I realized that Oliver probably wasn't going to sleep soon, I started rocking him again, singing a short lullaby for him.

Lavender's blue, dilly, dilly, lavender's green
When I am king, dilly, dilly, You shall be queen
Who told you so, dilly, dilly, who told you so?
'Twas my own heart, dilly, dilly, that told me so

Call up your men, dilly, dilly, set them to work
Some to the plough, dilly, dilly, some to the fork
Some to make hay, dilly, dilly, some to cut corn
While you and I, dilly, dilly, keep ourselves warm

Lavender's green, dilly, dilly, Lavender's blue
if you love me, dilly, dilly, I will love you.
Let the birds sing, dilly, dilly, And the lambs play
We shall be safe, dilly, dilly, out of harm's way

I love to dance, dilly, dilly, I love to sing
When I am queen, dilly, dilly, You'll be my king
Who told me so, dilly, dilly, Who told me so?
I told myself, dilly, dilly, I told me so

By the time the song was over, Ollie was asleep in my arms.

I smiled softly, easing out of the chair, careful not to wake up my baby boy. I kissed his forehead softly before putting him in his crib again, letting out a sigh of relief when he only stirred a moment, but didn't wake up.

I tiptoed out of the blue room and down the hallway again, but I knew that now I was up, I wasn't going to fall back asleep, so I didn't go back to bed. 

I went downstairs, passing the other closed door that was painted a bright pink and then down the stairs of our home.

The house was dark and the sound of the rain pounded on the windows and the roof as I walked over to the cupboard that we kept in the living room. In the bottom drawer, there was a very large photo album.