A New Friend

(Thor's POV)
"Where is Aaron?" I ask the guards who were suppose to be watching him.

"We don't know my prince. He told us he needed to use the restroom. Then he was gone." He says and I growl.

"You lost my nephew! I should have been watching him myself!" I yell and my mother touches my shoulder.

"Do no be upset my son. Aaron is a tricky youngster and they did their best." She says and I look at her.

"I know. But mother Anthony will not accept that. Neither will his wife." I say. Then a servant comes rushing in.

"My king." She says as she bows.

"Yes?" My father says.

"Prince Loki brought master Aaron to the infirmary." She says.

"What?! What is he doing with Aaron?!" I yell and she shakes slightly.

"I-i don't know you majesty." She says and I storm out towards the infirmary. When I arrive Loki is watching as the healers check Aaron out making sure he's ok.

"Is he alright?" I ask. Loki looks at me.

"Yes. I saw him wondering about in the market and decided to follow him. He tripped over a tree root and then fell asleep. I know you don't want me to be around him, but it was getting dark and I couldn't leave him out there alone." He says and I smile to myself knowing that Aaron is already beginning to grow on Loki.

"I appreciate you looking out for him, brother." I say and he nods. This is the first time in a long time he has not told me that he is not my brother. We stand and watch Aaron. I notice that my brother watches Aaron more closely than I do.

"Do you think he will be alright?" Loki asks.

"He is a strong boy." I say. "He will pull through."

"Just because he is strong doesn't mean he's invincible." Loki says as if he's talking to himself.

"I know." I say. Aaron wakes up and looks around.

"Uncle Thor?" He says and I walk over.

"How are you feeling Aaron?" I ask.

"My chest hurts." He says as he rubs it and I look at the healers. They shrug and I look back at Aaron.

"I'm sorry, Aaron." I say and he sighs.

(Aaron's POV)
I sigh and sit up as I rub my chest. Uncle Thor makes sure I don't fall as he puts his arm around me. I put my feet on the floor and my knees give way.

"Woah! Aaron are you alright?!" He asks worried.

"I'm fine. Just a bit dizzy." I say as I regain my footing and I walk out of the infirmary for the second time. I start walk in down the hall with uncle Thor close behind.

"Aaron you should be more careful." He says.

"I was being careful, but I get tired of being followed by jerks in gold armor." I say as I continue to walk down the hall.

"They are not jerks, Aaron. I asked them to follow you." Uncle Thor says. I stop and look at him.

"I know. But-" I sigh. "I'm not a fragile little boy, Uncle Thor. I might have gotten sick but, i'm ok." I say and he nods.

"I know you are not. But I promised your mother and father that I would make sure you were taken care of." Uncle Thor says.

"Then why don't you show me around? I would enjoy that more than being followed by guards. I want to spend time with you uncle, Thor. We don't get to see each other much." I say and he nods.

"Ok. And maybe I can show you how to fight." He says and I smile.

"Good. Now I'm hungry." I say and he laughs. We go to the kitchen and get some food. After food we go to a big room with furniture and I lay down on the couch and yawn.

"Tired, Aaron?"

"A little. Uncle Thor could you tell me a story?" I ask feeling a bit childish. Eh who cares?

"What kind of story?" He asks sitting next to my feet.

"One of your tales about when you were young." I say and he looks up and thinks.

"Here's one I do not think I have told you." He says and I get comfortable.

"When Loki and I were children. We put playing in the courtyard and we decided to play hide and seek. Well it was his turn to hide so I began counting. He decided that he would go inside and hide in the library. Well that was cheating, but he did it anyway. I walked around for over an hour looking for him. He was no where to be found. So I gave up and went and got something to eat. Well I started wondering around and found myself in the library. I just happened to look under the desk and there he was. Reading a book." He says and I start laughing.

"Wow. That reminds me of he story dad told me about the first time I met the avengers and I played hide and seek with Steve." I says as I laugh.

"I remember that day. Your mother was so afraid something had happened to you. Yet you threw all the toys out of your toy chest and went to sleep."

"Yeah. I think Steve took too long to find me." I say.

"Indeed he did. But he keeps a better eye on you now." Uncle Thor says.

"Everybody does. Everyone still treats me like a baby." I say. "I'm not a baby. I'm 17 years old!"

"16. Don't age me anymore." Uncle Thor says and we laugh.

"You're already old." I say.

"I know I am. But I don't need your help in ageing." He says. After a while he says I should get some sleep. I start to head back to my room but I get lost in a part of the palace I am unfamiliar part of the palace. I keep wondering around hoping I will find someone. I don't find anyone but I find the Library. I go in and grab some books. Might as well read. I have read through 4 books and am getting ready to finish the 5th when I feel someone standing over my shoulder. I slowly turn and my brown eyes meet emerald green ones.

"What are you doing in here?" Loki asks.

"I got lost. I didn't know the way back to my room and I found the library so I decided to read." I say.

"How many books have you read?"

"I was getting ready to read my 5th." I say and he raises his eyebrows.

"Really?" He looks for the books. "I see no books out."

"I put them back as I finish reading them." I say.

"Oh. Well thank you. That always bothers my mother and I. Thor never puts his books away." He says as he looks at some books.

"Wait. Thor reads?" I ask and Loki starts laughing histerically.

"Oh my, Aaron. You make me laugh." He says and I smirk.

"I try." We sit in silent. Every once in a while Loki chuckles cause of the joke. I finish my 5th book and grab another when I come across a word I don't understand. "Uh. Loki?"

"Yes, Aaron?" He says coming over to me.

"What's this word mean?" I ask pointing to it.

"Oh that is an Asguardian word for trust." He explains.

"Oh. Cool." I say. The rest of the night is filled with reading and questions, mostly from me. We have a great time.

(Loki's POV)

I never thought I would be able to get along with a Stark. Aaron is different than his father. He's curious and he loves to read. After awhile he gets very quiet so I look over and see he has fallen asleep at the desk. I smile and carry him to his room and set the book by the bed for him to finish tomorrow. As I walk away I realize that for the first time in along time. I finally found a friend.