Tick Tock

(Aaron's POV)

I lay in my bed and think about what is going to happen next. 'People get treated for cancer everyday. But then people also die from cancer or even the treatment every day.' I groan as a wave of pain hits me. I try to be quiet though because mom is asleep in her chair next to me. I turn on the news to try and distract myself. Maybe if I see that there is more pain in the world then just me I can deal with it. I turn on fox news and they start talking about our family. 'Figures.'

"So did you hear the rumors about Aaron Stark?" The lady asks. I hadn't been paying much attention but I snapped out of it when they said my name.

"No what?"

"I heard that he has cancer." My jaw drops. 'Oh my demigod! They knew?'

"What?" The man on the news mirrors my expression.

"Yeah​. Apparently he had a tumor."

"Where at?"

"I don't know."

"I heard it was a brain tumor." The other woman says. 'Oh my gosh they know! How could they know!?!? Wait calm down Aaron. Calm don't they said it was only a rumor. They don't officially know yet.'

"This just in. The rumor is true."

"Wow. Aaron Stark has cancer!" The man says kinda sadly. I met that man once. He interviewed me and dad when I graduated high school at 9 years old.

"Yeah​. Not even his daddy's money could save him from that." The other woman says cruelly then she laughs.

Sobs begin to rack though my already sore body. I know they are still talking about me but I don't listen. I am so upset and I was so wrapped up in the news story that I didn't notice that my dad had walked in.

I know I have cancer but now that everybody knows people are going to try and find me. And they will succeed. Dad comes over and gently touches my shoulder and I jump.

"I'm sorry Aaron. They weren't suppose to know."

"They would have found out any way. I just hope they don't find me any time soon."

"Yeah​. Lets turn this off okay? The news is too depressing." I know dad is hiding something I just don't know what it is yet. But non the less I turn it off. "Oh some of your old friends from college texts you wanting to know how you were.

I smile. "What did you tell them?"

"Well I told them you were ok considering what was happening."

"Ok. You know what I miss?" He looks at me with eyebrows raised in question. "My violin. I miss that sweet sound."

"Yeah​ you just got to get better so you can come home and play it." I smile.

"Yeah​. How's Bri Bri?"

"Well she got in trouble because she got mad and hit me because I told her she couldn't come see you yet." My eyes get wide.

"She hit you? Man I bet she got a whippin."

"Yes she did. The first time then when she did it again she got put on her time out stool."

"Wow. Why'd she do it?"

"I told her she couldn't come see you yet."

"Oh." I look down and think for a minute. "Dad?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you think that the press will find me here?" He sighs.

"As much as i'd like to say 'no' I think they will." He says and I nod.