Dinner

I sit here watching Bri Bri sleep as I wait for Lil. I smile as she holds tight to my shirt. I gently kiss her forehead. I really missed her. I hold her close and lay back getting comfortable as I close my eyes. I wake up to the sound of a camera click. I open my eyes and see mom and Lil standing there staring at me.

"Sorry. I guess I fell asleep." I say as I sit up and Bri starts to wake up. She yawns and rubs her eyes and she looks around and sees dad walk in.

"Da." She says as she reachs for him. He smiles and picks her up.

"Hey baby girl. Did you have a good nap on bubby?" He ask and she nods then lays her head on his shoulder. I get up and stretch.

"Is dinner ready?" I ask.

"Yes." Mom says nodding.

"Great! I'm starving!" I say then I grab Lil's hand and lead her to the table. We get to the table and I pull her chair out for her.

"Thank you, Aaron." She says as she sits. Then I sit next to her.

"Wow, Aaron. Way to raise the standards for men everywhere." Dad says as he pulls out mom's chair for her and she smiles.

"Good. Maybe they will actually act like men now." I say and dad chuckles. We all begin to eat and as we do I notice that Lil still looks a bit nervous. I reach over and grab her hand under the table. When I do she looks at me and smiles. I smile back and then continue eating then she begins to relax.
After supper we go into the living room and sit. Then Bryella comes an sits on my lap.

"Bubby?" She asks.

"Yeah, Bri?"

"Lil gonna stay?" She asks and I look at her curiously.

"Stay?" I ask and she nods. "What do you mean 'stay'?" I ask and Lillie looks at her too.

"You gonna married?" Bryella asks and I look at her.

"Married? I-I don't know. Bri, we only just started dating. I don't know what will happen." I say.

"Oh." Bri says then she climbs down and walks away.

"Where did that come from?" Lillie asks.

"I have no idea." I say.

"Our kids say the weirdest things. When Aaron was her age he once asked Bruce if the Hulk turned green because he ate too many vegetables." Dad says and I look at him.

"I did?" I ask and he nods.

"Wow, Aaron." Lillian says and I shrug.

"I guess it was a legit question." I say.

"You walked up to him in the middle of the war zone." My mother says and I shrug again.

"I guess it was urgent." I say and dad starts laughing. We finish eating diner and we go into the living room. We sit and mom and dad start telling stories about how I was when I was a kid. Lillian grins at me with a sinister grin.

"What?" I ask and she looks at my dad.

"Did Aaron ever tell you what happened in the hospital janitors closet in our ward?" She says and my eyes grow wide.

"Don't you dare!" I warn her and my father grins and leans in and my mother looks confused and curious. Lillian smiles. "Lillian, no!"

"What happened in the Janitor's closet?" Dad asks and I lay back on the couch and cover my eyes and groan. Lillie chuckles.

"It was shortly after Aaron, John and myself got to know each other. Aaron and I had just played a prank on the nurses. We ran to a janitors closet because neither of us could run without feeling sick." She explains and I rub my face in embarrassment.