Behind 'The Big Tree' - Day One: Secret Meetings/ Rendezvous

Feng Xin looked both ways when he reached the corridor that led outside. He and Mu Qing had decided to meet past the big tree which wasn't exactly the boundary that Guoshi had set for his disciples, but close enough that it was what everybody considered it to be.

Feng Xin knew that there wasn't going to be anyone, but he still tip-toed quietly through the grass, past the big tree and over to the small forest amount of trees scattered a small distance away.

Feng Xin looked back, just as he reached the tree they had agreed to meet at, eyes scanning every corner of his vision.

He had his hands up, elbows locked almost as if he were running with limp wrists. He tuned around the tree. Only to be met with someone standing right infant of him.

Mu Qing did not look impressed at the arms, and quickly smacked them down, yanking on Feng Xin's collar to drag them together.

"Mnh," Feng Xin made a small noise when their mouths pressed together.

Mu Qing's grip was unyielding. He kept a constant pressure against Feng Xin until his hands found Mu Qing's hips.

Mu Qing had whispered to him one night when the moon was at his highest point that he liked the squeeze that often left bruises, how he would undo his robes and pull at the top of his pants to press on them when his day was particularly shitty, how the dull pain he felt on his thin hips sent sparks down his spine that made the world around him disappear. Feng Xin melted at his words. He also fell asleep directly after because it was late and he was tired.

Their lips parted with a quiet smack and a small gasp. Their equal hight made resting their foreheads against each other easy.

They swayed together a bit, eyes closed and holding each other, before Mu Qing spoke softly,

"You took longer this time."

"I was being careful."

Mu Qing snorted and smacked at Feng Xin's chest. "Liar. You were falling asleep already weren't you?"

Feng Xin frowned but kept Mu Qing close. "It's late."

Mu Qing took a breath, Feng Xin pulled away. They stared at each other. "As fuck."

Feng Xin usually swore with aggression, he couldn't focus on anything other than the way Mu Qing's dark hair flowed with the wind, how his baby hairs curled around his neck. His voice was significantly flatter than usual, and Mu Qing bit back a laugh, though he couldn't hide his smirk.

Feng Xin was mesmerized by the faint blush on Mu Qing's pale cheeks, the way his bottom eyelashes fanned out, and the way his lips darkened as a symbol of their kissing.

He was still in a daze when Mu Qing decided to pull on his ear.

Feng Xin hissed "What the hell." And shot Mu Qing a nasty look. Mu Qing just continued smirking.

After Feng Xin was done rubbing his pinched ear, Mu Qing leaned over to softly kiss the side of Feng Xin's neck.

Mu Qing stilled for a moment.

Quietly, "Haha."

__

AO3 link: https://archiveorourown.org/works/44009835