Chapter 6: jeff the killer ripoff

"That is such a good way to react to a fucking corpse, Byakuya. Good job." i said sarcastically, taking a grasp of Makoto's hand to make sure he wouldn't actually collapse.

He ignored me. "Look, Chihiro's body has been suspend by some kind of rope. And what's written behind her is.. Bloodlust." i rolled my eyes "Yes, we have eyes. What does that imply"

Togami scoffed "Of course i shouldn't have expected someone like you to not understand." i couldn't be bothered to be mad. This kind of insults are just expected from Byakuya by now.

"Uh, i don't really understand either." Makoto said weakly, having a hard time looking away from the body. "What i mean is, this murder is far too bizarre to have been committed by an amateur."

"In other words, the one who murdered Chihiro did it for fun." On that ominous note, Byakuya had a weird ass grin on his face. "Uh, hold the fuck on. You skipped a few paragraphs from the story there, pal.

Before we had to listen to another smart ass remark, Taka barged in "I-I heard the announcement. Is it tr-" he stopped as he spotted the body. "AAAAAAHHHH! Chihiro??"

After getting a bit startled, Taka bolted out, presumably to call the others. So we kinda just stood there. It gave me time to reflect about something.

'In my dream, Chihiro died and lay on the floor.. It didn't show this weird hanging position. Did Sayaka look like the way she died on the dream? Or maybe it's cause she died already in that position? Whatever the case, i might take note of this.'

a few moments passed, and suddenly everyone flooded the room, along with a lot of surprised/fear noises.

Hifumi freaked out immediately "It's a dream.. This is a dream! It's all just a dream! In fact, I haven't even been born yet! I don't have any memory of ever being alive! Ugyaaaah!"

Fortunately, that was curtly followed by a "Shut up." from Celeste. Makoto tried inspecting the writing on the wall. Seeing as she was also looking at it, Kyoko started speaking.

"This is far too odd to be a dying message." "But isn't this word kinda familiar?" Taka followed. I tried recalling but couldn't, so i hoped someone would fill me in.

Hiro conveniently yelled "Genocide Jack!" which reminded me of the one conversation they had a few days ago.

Back when no one was dead.

I brushed that though off quickly.

Hina also freaked out, but like a normal person "Then this is.. some copycat killer trying to imitate Genocide Jack's 'style'? But why would anyone do that?"

"Perhaps it's the work of the real Genocide Jack." Byakuya said. "Yes. Because surely one of us is a serial killer. Actually, i think it's Hiro. He's Genocide Jack."

My joke flew right over his head "No i'm not! I'm innocent!" Celeste put her head to her chin "But if it really is them, going out of their way to write that is just stupid."

Hina noticed something and pointed towards it "Wha- Toko?" I turned my head towards the door and, sure enough, Toko had just arrived. She took a look at the scene and started hyperventilating.

"..? Nnnnnno... Wh-Why? Why-? W..h..y?" and then she fainted. Hina rushed to her side to shake her awake. "Ohhh right. I remember her saying that she faints at the sight of blood." Hifumi recalled.

"So she has hemophobia, then? It sure is impractical, considering our situation." Celeste remarked. "Hey Toko, can you hear me?" Hina urged as she kept shaking her lightly.

And almost as if Toko had heard her, she jumped up. As in, leapt right into the air defying gravity. And when she opened her eyes, she had a weird expression.