Chapter 9: some serious shit (but not too much relax)

Thankfully, i wasn't tormented by nightmares, which meant things were mostly ok.

Not so thankfully, the dining hall was still too empy for comfort.. Maybe to try and lighten the mood, celeste asked Kyoko if things went alright the other night. "Yeah, I didn't have any problems. I went and checked on the laptop a little while ago, and there weren't any problems there, either. But.." She stopped for a moment before continuing. "I have to make a new rule. Using Alter Ego without permission is prohibited. Someone going in and out of the dressing room would draw unwanted attention from the mastermind."

Celeste giggled. "Why, i thought that should be obvious. Do we really need a rule about it?" Kyoko shrugged. "That's a good question. Do you have any thoughts on that, Hifumi?" He looked outraged that he was getting attacked like that. Even though he would most likely go talk to Alter Ego if we hadn't added that rule.

Other than that, the breakfast meeting proceeded quietly and was over in a flash. As everyone parted ways, i went to do my monomono machine ritual and spend the monocoins i got after the trial.

When i got there, i was met with a weird sight. "..Hiro, the fuck are you doing?" "T-The machine ate my handbook! Can you help me get it back?" He then turned to me, saw who i was and jumped back. Good, he hasn't magically forgotten what happened yesterday.

"Whatever, i'll still help. What's wrong with this thing?" Hiro calmed himself down. "I was gonna get my prize after putting in the monocoins, then my handbook fell in. But it still looked accessible, so i tried to retrieve it. Then it fell deeper into the machine and i don't know why-"

I couldn't even see the handbook, so i assumed it was already inside by now. I sighed and looked dead at the camera in the room. "Monokuma! Come fix this shit." Hiro looked at me as if i were crazy. "W-Why are you calling him?!"

I shrugged. "Cause he gets things done when he wants to." As i said that, the bear appeared. "What do we have here? Hiro, i told you the instructions to the machine two times already! But i guess third's the charm-" "That's not what we need!" Hiro snapped back.

"His handbook fell in. How do we get it back?" Monokuma got mad. "Seriously! Aw, man. The hole was supposed to be too small to fit handbooks. I did the measuring all wrong." "So will you help or not?" Hiro asked desperately.

"Are you crazy? For that, i'd have to take the whole thing apart, which would leave us without the machine for days!" "..Yeah, we can live with that." I deadpanned. He grunted. "I'm just saying- he could very well use Leon's handbook in the main entrance."

I glared at him. "Stop being lazy one time in your life, bear." "Ughhh, FINE! But you two need to leave! I can't work under pressure." He shoo'd us away while muttering something about not getting paid enough.

"Well that was something." I said after Hiro and i were properly kicked out. "I don't know how you manage to talk to him so casually. Just seeing him makes me shiver.." He muttered the last part. I just shrugged. "I got used to him. Oh, by the way, what were you trying to get at the machine?"

"Well, since my crystal ball broke after Leon- uhm- used it, i've been trying to get something similar. Turns out you can get a crystal skull in here! It'd be awesome if i got it!" "Crystal skull- I might've gotten that once. Do you want me to rush to my dorm to retrieve it for you?"

Hiro gasped. "You'd do that?! Thank you so much!" I smiled. "Aight, i'll be back in a flash." I speed walked to my dorm, opened a few drawers to find what i was looking for and went right back to Hiro after finding it. "There you go!"

You know the look in child's face when you give them their favorite toy? That was Hiro. "Thanks a million! I should make it up to you, right? i'm sure i have something for you somewhere-" I held my hand up. "Woah, it's alright. You really don't have t-" I froze when i saw what he got from his pocket. It was a bunny earmuff. And it was goofy. I loved it.