NAIROBI

The birds on the roof top chanted and those in the compound mango tree chirruped as if in contest of who was better at that. It's the reason he hated the compound tree, the birds on it had a cumbrous sound. He would rather listen to a poor boring soloist of Christmas songs than these birds.
   "Okay let's talk about the outing" an inquisitive smile covered her juvenile face.
"Yes, in Nairobi" he smiled "Kenya"
Rachael was so much aware that Maya had started smoking but at worst not drinking. Had he started to drink in hide outs, he was drunk even today, maybe he had led his day lurching in Kawempe bars with slimmer girls more beautiful than herself. Her face buried in grief whenever she thought of it. It would be a story of another day though. For now he needed a therapist.
  "What are you talking about Maya?" She had earlier on thought that Maya had no Money to finance their fallen domestic tour, how could he then be able to finance a foreign one was the question in her mind.
    Maya begun to smile, as if he held the Gold everyone was looking for.
"You remember the application!!"
"Which one Maya?"
They had been several and she couldn't be certain of the particular one he was talking about.
"Wait, Kenya!!!" She was thinking it out. "The Kenya application Yes"
She was already where Maya wanted her to be.
"Your Kenya application Maya, what happened again".

Rachael was aware of Maya's application to the KSF. Never, at any slight moment has she trusted in this application. She call it a negative venture for lack of better words to mean negative. Her muted detests would however be reversed. Maya had won himself a job in Kenya.

Rachael sighed deeply, as if in immense relief. The application was through as he had called it, he had reason to be happy herself as well. It was better to stay in Uganda though.
Maya witnessed the dismissive look her face carried.
"What about my job here" her face folded to depict the creases on it. She was sick of idleness, she had once lived in an idle life before she luckily was recruited as an illiterate secretary for her discipline and could vehemently believe idleness and the devil were somewhere closer to each other. Migration to Kenya meant going back to idleness.
Maya cast a glance of assurance at her. "We shan't fail to find one in Nairobi"
   In another perspective of view, it would be prestigious if people discovered where her husband worked. This killed her incessant attitude about maintaining her secretarial job.
She looked at this as an impeccable source of prestige, respect and dignity she had anticipated as a teenager in the husband she would have.
"Okay dear" she smiled