war

"Hey! Hey, what're you doing? Stop! Stop, don't hurt them!" a human boy yelled as he ran up to us.

"Do you know him?" I asked Tuk loudly, who was being strongly overpowered by an avatar. "Don't fight! Stay calm!"

"He's a family friend." Lo'ak grunted from being pinned on the floor.

"Bro." the boy said, looking at Tsireya, Lo'ak, Tuk, and I. "Are you guys okay?"

"Do you think we are?!" Lo'ak shouted as the guy pinned him to the ground. Reading his mind, I hissed to Tuk, "His name is SPIDER?"

Her eyes widened. "How do you know...?"

"Shut up, girl!" the soldier guy exclaimed, and I rolled my eyes.

"Chill. It's not like I actually shot you." I turned back to Spider and responded sarcastically to his 'ya good?' question, while being smushed onto the concrete ground. "Yeah. Doing great. Never better, really."

"Uh, who are you?"

Lo'ak snarled at his captor, before turning back to the boy. "That's Y/N, Spider! She's a friend, but we don't have time for introductions right now!"

"She's turquoise??"

"I'm a Metkayina, dumbass!" I snapped. Had he only ever seen forest Na'vi before in his life? Actually, probably yeah.

"Oh!" he said. "Oh yeah, those people!"

A piercing pain stabbed my head, and I staggered down from the pain. A flash of fire, a Metkayina village burning, and Spider standing there carved itself into my memory. I hissed, slowly turning to glare at him.

"You mean the ones whose village you burned to the ground?"

Spider's eyes widened. His mouth dropped open like he was lost for words. I was right.

"What is she talking about, Spider?" Lo'ak shouted, letting himself be forced up.

"I didn't know. I didn't know. They did it. I wasn't a part of it, I swear." he answered in a low voice. I felt bad for him. If it wasn't his fault, then having to witness it while not being able to do anything must've been traumatizing.

The main man who flew on the Ikran leaped back down. "Bring him back to the bridge," he ordered to what I guessed were his soldiers. Spider was shoved along before Lo'ak or I could ask any more questions. Lo'ak's captor forced him up so "Quaritch" as the others addressed him mentally, could decide what to do.

"Cuff 'em to the rail." he snapped. He glanced down at me, then scoffed. "All of them."

We were jostled to the rail, where I was cuffed by a strange orange device that reminded me sickly of the pingers. I was kept next to Tuk and Lo'ak. On the other side of Tuk was Tsireya, still struggling and crying for help. They strapped us securely, despite our protests.

"This is great." I commented sarcastically. "What an ideal situation. I'm having fun. How about you?"

Lo'ak shook his head. "I gotta admit, not the most enjoyable adventure I've been on."

"At least this'll be a great experience to brag about..."

"Assuming we actually get out of here alive." he muttered, but I rolled my eyes.

"I can move water with my mind or call P'lei or Payakan at any moment. We'll be fine."

He perked up. "You mean you can get us out?"

"Of course I can get us out. The amount of faith you have in me is just disappointing." I replied with yet another dramatic head shake. He scoffed and struggled against his binds without success. "Can you call Payakan now?"