dying

a/n ~ I'm scared for this chapter.

It'll have what some of you are expecting... and what some of you are not.

««——– ≪ °◇◆◇° ≫ ——–»»

Lo'ak's POV

I can't believe we just got out of that alive!

"That was insane, cuz!" I yelled, high-fiving Spider. We both celebrated not-dying until Tsireya interrupted us.

"Hurry!" she urged. "We must leave!"

"Come on, bro!" I called to Neteyam, who was glancing around blindly.

"Where is Kiri?" he asked. "And Tuk?"

"I haven't seen Ao'nung, and Rotxo in a while." she admitted. Neteyam hissed and swam towards her Ilu. "Not them, what about my sisters?" (No one cares about Ao'nung and Rotxo.)

"They... they're tied up on the ship."

Suddenly, I felt a stab of unease. It was different, though. Something was terribly wrong. Someone was hurt. It wasn't my pain, but I could feel it.

Maybe they hurt Kiri or Tuk. I'd kill them—

No, that wasn't it. This pain felt stronger. It felt like... suffering. Torture. Anguish. 

Someone is dying!

 It took a moment to dawn on me, but concern shook my entire body as I whirled around.

"Where's Y/N?!"

A loud gasp for air reached my ears. I swerved to see Y/N emerge from the water, coughing and panting. I relaxed immediately, but realized the ominous feeling still lingered.

"Y/N! Come on, let's go!" I exclaimed. She was barely staying afloat, but wouldn't swim towards me, for some reason. A feeling of dread crawled up my back. Why? Something was very wrong!

"Lo'ak!" she snapped. A hiss of pain escaped her lips. I tensed. That wasn't normal.

"Y/N? Are- are you ok?"

"I'm shot, dumbass!" she groaned. It took me a moment to process her words, before I realized the water around her was mixing into a scarlet red.

"Shit!" I yelled, instantly swimming towards her. "Shit, you've lost so much blood!"

"I swear if I die, I'm going to kill you, Spider!" she shouted. I could tell she was in so much pain though that it made me hurt just watching. Forming words was clearly becoming a struggle. As she started to sink, I clasped my hands around her and tried to bring her over to the Ilu.

"Come on, help me!" I demanded. Tsireya dove into the water to help her sister.

"Tsmuke, kehe, Ngati oel kin!" She cried. Sister, no, I need you!

I could tell Y/N was fading in and out of consciousness. The thought of losing her was to painful to bear, so I didn't care if I used the last of my strength to carry her onto the Ilu. Tsireya was crying quietly. Neteyam and Spider helped us get her on.

"Oh, shit." Spider whispered when he saw her. A pool of blood was surrounding her, and fast. I pressed my hands anywhere that was bleeding. Did she take multiple bullets, or did she just bleed a lot?!

"Pressure helps to stop bleeding." Neteyam stated crucially, and the others and I helped me locate the wound. Turns out, she did take two bullets, because there were two spots pouring rivers of blood: one on her waist and another on her shoulder.