THIRTY THREE

Niall

Grateful.

That's how I feel right now.

Sitting next to the auburn haired woman who has stolen all of my inhibitions and turned them around, making them obsolete. It's not just being in the presence of Hunter that makes me feel so grateful... It's more than that.

Looking over at her with her headphones on and her laptop open, I can't help but smile.  Although, I have to admit, I hate seeing a Hunter replying to work emails when she could be reading.

I love watching her read.

When Hunter reads, she's so beautiful in her element. Watching how much she loses herself in something that she enjoys makes me happy.

She makes me happy.

Releasing the album randomly ended up being one of the best things I have ever done. It feels like everything has been set in motion and with a tour looming on the horizon, it felt like I needed a moment to step back and take a breather.

We've been traveling so much ever since my appearance on the radio show in San Francisco, it's nice to have a couple of days where we can just relax and enjoy each other's company.

I look out over the water as I strum a guitar along with the sound of the waves, distracted as Hunter stands up, reaching her arms above her to stretch and watching her smooth skin appear as the hem of my old t-shirt rides higher up her thighs.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." Her eyes meet like from across the room, a fire lit behind them like always as she laughs. "I'll even pose for you if you want it."

Running my tongue along the inside of my cheek, I shake my head as I set the guitar aside and reach for my phone. "Alright then, come here."

"Hmmm..." Toying with the hem of her shirt, she gives me a slow smile as she shakes her head back and forth at me. "I think you can take a good enough picture from over there, don't you think?"

"Please, bookworm?" Adding a little extra pout, I can't help but let a cheeky grin spread across my face as Hunter rolls her eyes and starts walking in my direction.

Good fucking god was I a lucky man, Jesus Christ.

Legs a mile long, auburn hair wavy from time spent in the salt water, and freckles that put the stars to shame.

Mine. Mine. Mine.

She smiles as she comes to sit with me, placing her knees on either side of me and sitting back on my
thighs. "You know how much I hate when you say that, right?"

"Do you? Because usually when I say it  you give in to me, which I like very much." Laughing, I lean forward to press a kiss to her sweet lips. "I'm very much a fan."

Her hands travel up my stomach, resting on my chest as she arches one eyebrow. "Are you? If I recall, you were very much on your fan behavior last night for me."

Tilting my head back, a loud laugh leaves my lips. "You're right. I'm still in fan behavior mode... I mean, how could I not be? Look at you."

"Niall, stop." It doesn't matter how many times I've complimented Hunter at this point, her cheeks still turn the prettiest shade of pink, which she always tries to cover with her hands. "You're being crazy."

With my phone still in my hand, I open my camera and point it at her. "Smile for me."

She laughs with her talented hands covering her rosy cheeks, the hands that create such beautiful things and hold mine so perfectly. "I was just joking when I told you to take a picture."