THIRTY FOUR

Hunter

"Do I look okay?"

Rolling my eyes, I look over at Niall as he adjusts his in-ears. "Are you forreal right now?"

He shrugs at me with a coy smile. "It never hurts to hear the girl you're in love with tell you that you're handsome. You think?"

"You are truly the most insufferable man I've ever met, Niall Horan." Making my way over to him, I smile when he wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me flush against his body as his lips brush against mine. "But yes, you look amazing."

I can feel the tickle of his stubble as my lips move against his, my words making a breath of laughter fill my senses. "That wasn't so hard now, was it?"

"Comeplete torture."

Niall shakes his head before pressing his lips to mine, something that seems to feel like the first time every single time with him. "You're a brat."

"Oh whatever, you know you love me." Leaning back, I smile up at him while my fingers smooth over the collar of his shirt.

Looking down at me, I see the change of emotion behind Niall's eyes, the blue turning a darker color. "I do. I love you, Hunter... I don't see that changing any time soon."

"I love you too, Niall." Pressing up on the tips of my toes, I find his lips one more time. "Now, stop being such a romantic. You're supposed to be on stage in less than five minutes."

"Okay, okay... One more." I laugh as Niall leans in for another kiss before pushing him away, following him out of the door towards the stage.

"He is literally so in love with you... You guys make me sick."

I turn around on my heel, smiling when I see Niall's best friend Parker coming up behind me. "Hey! I didn't know you were coming!"

"And miss this asshole go on stage?" His brown eyes flick from me to the man behind me. "Never."

"Glad you could make it. Listen, I gotta—"

"Go!" I laugh, pressing my hands to his back, pushing him forward. "We're right behind you!" With a quick wave to Parker and another kiss to my cheek, Niall disappears down the hallway.

"So, how have you guys been? I can't believe this is the last week before tour starts." Sticking his hands in his pockets, he falls into step next to me. "I'm excited for him. Not to mention the festivals lined up too?"

Taking a turn and walking down a long hall, I smile when I hear the faint sound of a crowd cheering, chanting Niall's name. "Isn't it so exciting!? God. It never gets old working so hard on something and then getting to watch people enjoy it. Not to mention how excited I am for Niall, he deserves this."

"Did you guys enjoy your trip? I know he told me you were going to go somewhere before you both spent the next few months living out of your suitcase." Parker stops to let me go in front of him, coming around to the stage door.

"It was good! As much as it was nice to relax though, I'm ready to get this tour underway." I smile as we finally make it past a group of people, both of us getting ushered to the wings. "Watching Niall get to do what he loves every night is just the icing on top of the cake, you know?"

Parker nods. "You know, it's been a long time since I've seen him this happy... It's not just the album either, Hunter."

I can feel heat flushing across my cheeks as we follow Will, Niall's manager as he leads us to our place out of sight on the side of the stage. "Stop, it's not just—"