Chapter Sixteen

Grayson

Grayson sat in the crowded bar with his teammates, waiting for Bravo team to arrive.

"Nate and Hunter comin?" Austin asked as her counted barstools, making sure everyone had a seat.

"Nah." Axel muttered, taking a swig from his beer with an uneasy look on his face.

Exchanging knowing glances with Austin, Grayson zeroed in on Axel's expression and body language.

"What's up?" Grayson asked his team leader, expecting transparency.

Every man at the table leaned in closer, but Axel just sighed and let his shoulders drop.

"I don't know the details." He admitted and Grayson believed him. "But I think Knight is fading some serious heat right now."

"From who?" Hawk asked, bristling slightly at the idea of the teams being targeted.

"I wish I knew."

"Hunter and Nate have been on edge for weeks." Austin added.

They had been different. Their demeanors had shifted and they rarely came out of their offices for anything other than PT.

"You think it's the shit with Kincaid?" Grayson asked.

Axel shrugged and took another pull from his beer.

"Maybe. But somethin tells me it's deeper than that. Bigger."

Bigger?

Declan, Pierce and Caleb appeared in Grayson's peripheral vision approaching the table from across the bar.

"Think Dec will know anything about it?" Austin asked.

"Couldn't hurt to ask."

"This week has been an absolute bitch." Declan mumbled as he sunk down into the closest bar stool and flipped his hat backwards.

"Lex still not sleeping?" Caleb asked with the smallest smile.

"Getting up every few hours."

"It's good practice." Pierce chuckled.

"Fuck off." Declan shrugged Pierce off and rested his elbows on the table.

"All jokes aside, you got an insight on why Hunter's butts been so puckered lately?" Austin asked Dec, wasting absolutely no time.

Declan sighed as the waitress brought him a beer.

"He and Nate are definitely spooked about somethin'."

"Any idea what that something might be?"

Every eye was glued to Declan at the moment, hoping he could shed some light on the situation.

"I don't know for sure, but I think we got eyes on us."

The group was silent for a second or two, considering the possibility of a threat to Knight Security and what that would entail.

"Domestic?" Axel asked coldly.

"I doubt it. If there was a potential threat on U.S. soil, we'd all be briefed."

"Gotta be international." Pierce added.

The mood at the table was serious, but no one had any concrete information. It was all speculation at best.

"I pressed Nate for info the other night but he was air tight."

"Which means it's big." Caleb confirmed.

"Maybe. Y'all will find out before we do," Declan said to the members of Alpha team.

"How do you figure?" Hawk asked.