[ 08 ] UNDER THE STARS

The unedited version of Four's Game (all chapters) is on the PATREON. MR has 21 chapters up and a bonus chapter if anyone is interested in reading it still also on the PATREON. There's hyper-links on the patreon for better navigation.

MATTEO'S RETURN - [ 08 ] UNDER THE STARS

TOSHA

The course of tonights events definitely took a turn in a direction I hadn't expected it to. I'd stepped into tonight believing that I would enjoy a night out finally with Matteo and I as a couple to the public. With how noisy the party appeared from outside of the house, I was sure that many people all around campus was attending this Halloween party specifically, however, I hadn't expected an altercation to break out and for individuals to began shooting.

The chaos stirred up memories of being on the south side of Ridgeport, where crime and corruption roamed the streets during any time of the day. I was triggered by the atrocity and couldn't believe those guys would stir up drama, especially not with Matteo.

I wasn't sure if the guy knew Matteo or Trey prior, yet the tension between the three of them was noticeable immediately.

On the outside, this Hasani guy was what the girls over on the south side would fall head over heels for. He matched the same height as Matteo and Trey, standing at 6'4 with broad shoulders and muscular arms. His pirate costume did well with showing off every pulsing vein within his biceps as well as the dark inked sleeve tattoo on his left arm. His smile at first glance was inviting, a divine straight pearly white set of teeth. He wore a durag on his head with his pirate costume so I wasn't able to get a good look at his hair but he was attractive nonetheless. He was built like an athlete, and from the instant competitious tension between the guys, I would assume he was a football player.

His direct approach to me caught me off guard and I was taken aback by his boldness to bump into Matteo, resulting in my drink falling to the ground. After that moment, everything else that occurred seemed like a blur. One minute the guys were grilling each other down, sending glares directly to each other and the next minute, punches were up in the air.

Although Matteo had rightfully stood up for me, I hated to see him fighting. I didn't want him to get hurt or put himself in the position to lose out on his dream of becoming a professional football player over petty conflict.

Be that as it may, Hasani definitely overstepped Matteo's boundaries by disrespecting me as his girlfriend. Rightfully so, Matteo had every right to step in on my behalf and I found it a little sexy that he'd put any fear he might've felt aside to protect me. Being with Matteo at this party tonight had revealed to me how serious he truly was. From bypassing Ada and her drama, making sure I was looked after by someone he trusted while he went off to the restroom and to defending me from another man in the sight of danger.

I was thoroughly grateful to have Matteo by my side tonight. I just hoped that the punches he endured wouldn't affect him too much. I was eager to finally get to a location where we both could release our breath and tend to his wounds.

We drove silently on the highway. Matteo hadn't told me where we were going, but from the direction we were heading, I assumed it was somewhere on the north side. I'd slipped the straight bob wig that I wore off of my head, peeled off my brown toned stocking cap and freed the two cornrow braids I'd done for myself to keep my hair intact underneath the wig for my Halloween costume.

Matteo hadn't said much after our call with Niecy to make sure everyone was okay, and even as his phone chimed and vibrated, he didn't reach for it. His sole focus was on making sure we weren't being followed and getting us far from the party.