TEASER [ 27 ] CATALYST

THIS STORY IS BEING WRITTEN ON PATREON ONLY! EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO READING THE STORY IS AVAILABLE ON PATREON!!!!!!

If you would like to read FULL EARLY ACCESS to full chapters in the future, please head over to my Patreon. LINK IS ON MY PROFILE! FULL EARLY ACCESS is available on my Patreon right now! Don't miss out! Head over there now!

CHAPTER TEASER - FULL ACCESS TO CHAPTER IS AVAILABLE ON MY PATREON

______________

[ 27 ] MATTEO'S RETURN - CATALYST

MATTEO

My ego was filled up beyond comparison. I felt alive and wanted to cherish this moment to the very end.

"Hey, man! Did you see that pass out there?" One of my teammates shouted through the praise.

"Bro, we're going pro, all the way!" Another added.

They were high off serotonin, dopamine and adrenaline, recurring drugs that all athletes enjoyed to their core from the physical activity.

We were pulled aside as we walked off the field, my ears ringing from the shouts, cheers, and the sound of the band as they performed for our exit. The stadium thundered loudly within my ears, and while feeling a bit bruised and beaten from the game, everything spiraled around me.

I definitely needed to hydrate and soak in an ice bath, but that would have to wait as microphones were shoved in my face with flashing cameras. I had a potential sports agent on my radar and going pro would change everything for me next year. I kept in contact with him and the deals he had to offer and where my football career would go with his assistance was everything that I dreamed for and saw for my future. I knew that this was my right choice and path in life. I simply needed to focus and keep my head away from drama or any activities that could potentially damage my future endeavors.

After the usual chaos of the game, cameras and interviews for local sports centers and newspapers, I was finally able to rest a bit once I got back to the locker space. While my teammates were boasting for the win, I wanted nothing more than to question Trey of his whereabouts the past few nights but I decided to let things be as they were. Instead of fishing for information, I moved on. I figured it was best if I stayed in the dark on some things. I needed to protect my career and the less I knew, the better it would be for me.

"Yo, Four, you swinging by with us after the game?" A player asked me, which we changed out of our uniforms.

"Yeah, I can swing by after I cool down. Where are you all heading to?" I questioned. "I didn't hear of anyone throwing a party and I'm not planning anything, especially not after this kind of game."

He chuckled. "Yeah, out there on the field was intense. But we gonna keep it lowkey tonight. Something by that lake up north. It's gonna be a private bonfire night. Invite only."

"What lake up north? Boater's?" I pondered further.

Boater's Hangout was a hidden private lake that only a few knew of on the north side of Ridgeport. I visited a few times in my teen years but since moving to the beach house, I had open water access right in my backyard and didn't need to visit that area often. Be that as it may, due to the crime rate around Ridgeport and the recent issues with the university, I was sure that the boys on the team were keeping this night's celebration invite exclusive to ensure everyone's safety.

My teammate nodded. "Yeah, we're gonna be out there for the night. Bring booze or whatever man."

"Alright, I'll see you there."

I searched for my phone through my things and casually scrolled through messages as other players patted my back as they passed by with accolades of praise and enjoyment. I opened Tosha's message and squinted at the text message that she'd sent. 

______________

THIS STORY IS BEING WRITTEN ON PATREON ONLY! EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO READING THE STORY IS AVAILABLE ON PATREON!!!!!!

If you would like to read FULL EARLY ACCESS to full chapters in the future, please head over to my Patreon. LINK IS ON MY PROFILE! FULL EARLY ACCESS is available on my Patreon right now! Don't miss out! Head over there now!

CHAPTER TEASER - FULL ACCESS TO CHAPTER IS AVAILABLE ON MY PATREON

______________