TEASER [ 31 ] REMEMBER

THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER. NEXT WILL BE THE EPILOGUE!!

THIS STORY IS BEING WRITTEN ON PATREON ONLY! EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO READING THE STORY IS AVAILABLE ON PATREON!!!!!!

If you would like to read FULL EARLY ACCESS to full chapters in the future, please head over to my Patreon. LINK IS ON MY PROFILE! FULL EARLY ACCESS is available on my Patreon right now! Don't miss out! Head over there now!

CHAPTER TEASER - FULL ACCESS TO CHAPTER IS AVAILABLE ON MY PATREON

______________

[ 31 ] MATTEO'S RETURN - REMEMBER

TOSHA 

After we ate, opened gifts, and shared some time speaking of the past, majority of my family left and made their way back to their homes. I decided to step out to the porch with Matteo as night fell.

"Here, your grandma gave me this for us. Aunt Sheree added marshmallows but your grandma said it would keep us up for the night." Matteo handed me over a fussy blanket and a mug of fresh hot cocoa and the aroma filled my nostrils up.

"Hmm..." I giggled and got myself comfortable under the blanket. "I can see them both now arguing about adding the marshmallows in."

Matteo nodded. "Your grandmother is a very stern woman, I've learned."

"Yes, she's always been that way. I think after becoming a widow and then losing my mother, she had to add a few layers for her own security." I held my mug up to Matteo's and tapped our ceramic mugs together. "Thank you, by the way. How was it today? Ya know, besides the morning drama?"

Matteo took a moment to think about it and then took a sip from his mug. "I will admit, I've been nervous from the moment we parked. I didn't know how everyone's personality would be. As well as if they would like me." He admitted.

"For sure, Aunt Sheree, KC, and my grandmother have shown that they genuinely like you. The same with my extended family. We really don't see much from them but usually for Thanksgiving or Christmas, we all meet up and catch up." I told him.

"Everyone seems like great people. You guys are very family oriented." He said. "I liked that your grandma shared stories about your mother."

"Yeah..." I paused for a moment. "I knew she loved cooking but I hadn't thought much about her opening up her own restaurant. I know she would've been just as hands-on and invested as she was cooking for her family."

"What about you?" He looked over at me as I took a sip of my mug but it was so hot, I spit air out, burning the tip of my tongue and rubbing it in between my lips to keep off the heat. "Whoa, you okat?"

"How are you drinking your cocoa? This is so hot." I whined.

Matteo laughed and took another sip of his cocoa. "I kept blowing it and for the most part, I think yours is from the fresh pot. The pot your grandma gave me had some time to simmer and cool. Just blow on it, baby."

I did as was told for a few moments and then answered circled back to his question. "What about me, exactly?"

He leaned back on the bench and got himself comfortable on Aunt Sheree's porch furniture. "I know you love cooking and I've seen you writing down recipes whenever we're on facetime or you're cooking. You write down the measurements of spices you use and things of that. Have you ever thought about creating your own cookbook and maybe putting that on the market?"

I leaned back with him, happy that he opened his arm up to me to allow me to cuddle in his warmth.

______________

THIS STORY IS BEING WRITTEN ON PATREON ONLY! EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO READING THE STORY IS AVAILABLE ON PATREON!!!!!!

If you would like to read FULL EARLY ACCESS to full chapters in the future, please head over to my Patreon. LINK IS ON MY PROFILE! FULL EARLY ACCESS is available on my Patreon right now! Don't miss out! Head over there now!

CHAPTER TEASER - FULL ACCESS TO CHAPTER IS AVAILABLE ON MY PATREON

______________