TEASER [ 12 ] UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

If you would like to read FULL EARLY ACCESS to full chapters in the future, please head over to my Patreon. LINK IS ON MY PROFILE! FULL EARLY ACCESS is available on my Patreon right now! Don't miss out! Head over there now! 

CHAPTE TEASER - FULL ACCESS TO CHAPTER IS AVAILABLE ON MY PATREON 

[ 12 ] MATTEO'S RETURN - UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

TOSHA

Riding through the southside of Ridgeport made me internally realize how much I'd missed it. Since the semester started, I'd only passed through this side of town once when my father was taken to the hospital due to his liver issue. The streets appeared just the same. The same guys I remember stood at the same corners and the same girls in mini skirts with matted hair roamed the same blocks in broad daylight. It was truly a sight to take in.

The streets had cleared a bit due to the weather change yet there was still a regular amount of traffic and I would assume that it was due to many of the university students returning home early from campus to celebrate the holidays with their families.

During the week, I'd made sure to give my Aunt Shereé a phone call, allowing her to know that I would be enjoying Thanksgiving with Matteo and informed her of the university drama that had occurred. She was worried but was glad that I was going to the countryside as she too had heard news of the crime rate escalating in the south side of Ridgeport as the holidays approached. She informed me again of my father's surgery going well and even as he'd called me that previous Sunday, I decided to hold off on returning his call. I wasn't sure where my head was and although I'd worked on my feelings of forgiveness towards the previous situation with him, I wasn't sure how to lead or carry a conversation with him without it leading to Matteo or the incident that took place at the hospital.

As the week passed and the weekend swung by, I'd finally decided to take Niecy's recommendations and visit a beauty salon to get my hair pressed for the winter. I rarely did this, however, around this time of the year it was best to wear my hair in another style and get a good trim. I was thoroughly impressed with the final results and couldn't wait to show Matteo this new style on me. He raved about it over FaceTime one night and told me how beautiful I was no matter the style in which I wore my hair.

I melted even further when he showed up to my place the following day, prepared to take me to The Strip to get a few pairs of riding boots as he suggested I was sure to have. Although I'd never been horseback riding, I was excited to see Nana's ranch and experience another side of Matteo and his childhood familiarity.

Before we made the drive to the countryside, Trey had asked Matteo if he could drop him off at his parents' place back home so here we are. I was a bit astounded at how close Trey and I lived to one another. His home was only a few streets down from mine and while we drove through the area, I realized he and I had more in common than I knew. He even informed me that he would've gone to my highschool, Lakeshore High, if they had a better sports program so instead he found himself at the school opposite of it which allowed him a better opportunity to get a scholarship for Southeastern University.

If you would like to read FULL EARLY ACCESS to full chapters in the future, please head over to my Patreon. LINK IS ON MY PROFILE! FULL EARLY ACCESS is available on my Patreon right now! Don't miss out! Head over there now!

CHAPTE PREVIEW - FULL ACCESS TO CHAPTER IS AVAILABLE ON MY PATREON