Chapter Four

Another day… Morning comes and Haru stirs in his bed trying to shake off the grasp of his sleepy cage. He sits up and his blurry view can only see the grey blanket that was keeping warm at night. He raises his arms into the air and stretches. It didn't help much, but it helped wake himself up even more. "It's time to get ready." Haru starts his preparation for the day by making his lunch and his morning exercise. After his preparation, Haru takes a quick shower and gets dressed.

"Yosh! I think that's all of it. Let's get going." Haru leaves his apartment and heads towards the elevator. "Ohayou! Ena-kun!"

"Uwa! Oh, it's you Hiyori-san."

"Oops! Did I scare you?"

"Yes you did. I didn't hear you come up behind me."

"It's because I wanted to surprise you! You seem kinda sleepy, that's why I decided to surprise you!"

"Well it surely woke me up." Shina smiles and stands by Haru's side.

The elevator arrives and both of them step inside. Haru pushes the button to reach the ground floor and waits with Shina. "Ne, Ena-kun, can I ask something?" Haru glances towards her and then says, "What is it?"

"Why do you hide your face when you have such a charming one?"

"Huh?" Haru was taken aback from her question. Shina moves to the front of him and steps closer causing Haru to step back. "When I saw your face for the first time, I was captivated by the sight. Especially those green eyes of yours. I couldn't stop staring! So why do you hide your face?"

"Ah! Well… It's-it's because my face causes lots of trouble. That's why I hid it!"

"Huh? How can your face cause trouble?" Shina takes another step forward, invading his personal space causing Haru to back up from her. "Well… that's another story for another day. Please, Hiyori-san, you're getting too close!"

"Hihi, you don't like it when I am this close to you huh Ena-kun? Hihi~"

"P-please stop!" Shina has managed to get Haru up against the elevator wall. "Haha, unexpectedly, you're quite cute when you're this embarrassed. On a serious note, Ena-kun, are you being threatened or hiding from any shady organizations?"

"It's not that either. Let's just say it's to protect my job. I'll tell you when the time is right."

"So it's one of those things huh. Alright, I'll trust in you Ena-kun so don't do anything dangerous ok?"

"I got it. I got it. Now, please step back, we're about to arrive on the ground floor." Shina takes a step back and turns towards the entrance. Haru takes a deep breath and calms down his nerves. Jeez, Hiyori-san is going to give me a heart attack.

Haru puts on his earphones as the elevator opens up and waiting for them was Shina's friends. "Ah! I'll go on ahead! See you in class Ena-kun!" Haru smiles and waves goodbye to her without saying a word.

After leaving the elevator, Haru takes his time walking to school to enjoy his long awaited peace and quiet. The weather was pleasant. The morning sun wasn't too hot and the breeze was cool. It's the perfect weather to go take a nap under a tree.

Haru takes a different route from Shina as to not freak out her friends for his deplorable appearance. On his walk to school, a friendly night time face appears. "Yo Haru!"

Dressed in a black hoodie and sweatpants, Shou was jogging towards Haru. "Ah! Shou-senpai! Good morning!" Haru bows his head. Shou stops by Haru and begins a conversation with him.

"Heading to school huh?"

"Yeah! Another boring day at school really."

"I can tell. You're walking alone and listening to music. Here, let's walk to your school together."