Chapter Fifteen

The slap echoed in the room as everyone grew silent. My glasses flew off my face as I stood there with my head craned to the side.

What great timing you have there.

My ears started ringing. My face grew hot and my blood seemed to boil. I lost control of my mind and my vision started to become impaired. It was blurry, but for some reason, Eiriko was crystal clear. There was a sense of restlessness that enveloped my entire body. Dizziness and nausea attacked my mind and for some reason, I was fixated on Eiriko.

At this point, I wasn't in control of my actions. I walked up to her and stared into her eyes. This was the first time I saw fear in her eyes. She looked like an insignificant piece and a waste of human anatomy in my eyes. She probably couldn't see my eyes due to my hair covering them.

There was a point where she closed her eyes and turned away. It was a reaction that would indicate that something was about to hit her, but before I could see anything happen, my vision grew dimmer until fading to black. There was a sharp pain that erupted in my heart and I had a hard time breathing. The last thing I saw was the classroom floor before blacking out.

***

Where am I?

It took some time, but when I finally regained consciousness, I was greeted by a dimly lit room. There was a low mechanical hum that I could hear off to the right side. I turn my head and see a heart rate monitor and besides it was an IV drip.

"I must be in a hospital room then…" I said to myself as I tried to piece things together before this happened. I close my eyes and try to recall what happened. All I can remember was that incident with Eiriko, but it all happened in a flash.

"What happened…?"

I said to myself… or so I thought.

"...You're awake Ena-kun?" I look over and see a familiar face that I've seen many times. It was Shina who was wearing a sweater and joggers. She was curled up into her seat as if she was trying to sleep in such a cramped manner.

"Why are you here Hiyori-san?"

"To watch over you. I was really worried when you collapsed in class."

"...So I collapsed in class huh."

"Yeah… it was scary seeing you become that livid. I never knew you could even get that mad at someone."

"What happened? I don't remember anything."

"Huh? You mean you don't remember anything  from that moment?"

I shook my head and told her what happened on my side. "It was like I became an outside observer when it happened. I wasn't myself and I had no control whatsoever. All I can remember was the pain in my chest during this incident."

"...Do you want to know?" Shina asks. Taking a glance of Shina's face, it was evident that she was scared to recall the event. I gave it some thought before telling her that I wanted to know what happened.

"Please tell me Hiyori-san. I'm sorry for letting you relive the experience."

"Then in exchange, I ask for a little bit of your time after our time at the beauty company."

"I forgot that it was tomorrow. Ok, it's a deal."

Shina smiles and moves to a chair that is closer to me.

"After Eiriko slapped you…" Shina begins to tell me what happened that time, "The entire class was shocked and speechless from Eiriko's actions. You stood there for a while. I assumed that you were in shock too from her sudden appearance after telling us your plan. I was about to intervene, but the words you said after being slapped rendered everyone silent.