Chapter 15

After relentless begging, the opportunity to return to society was served to me on a platter by an angel that went by the name Scarlette. This was the first time in a while that I got enough freedom that allowed me to feel like a human again. So, why did the whole day feel like a nightmare?

Dazzling Diana's Boutique is not a shop that I'd find myself in back home in Maywood, but this is one of the few shops that she feels comfortable enough to bring me in. Apparently she knows the owner rather well, so there wasn't any difficulty in closing the shop while we browsed. All the merchandise was blingy and exaggerated. For some reason, Scarlette assumed that this would be something I was interested in. Every now and then, Roman's young sister found something she liked, but most of the time she spent there was buying gifts for close friends.

However, even though the contents of the boutique weren't my personal style, before running into Elijah in the hallway, I was willing to accept anything. But then, I ran into Elijah and I instantly regretted asking Scarlette to take me out. The entire time at the boutique I wanted to go back to the Berkshire family home. Elijah was there, but it was still the only place I felt truly safe. Outside, there were far too many blind spots to feel comfortable. She offered lunch, but I lied about a stomach ache to have her bring me home sooner. The blatant shock was hard to miss, butI had to pretend as if I didn't see it.

As soon as we were inside, I announced some rest might help and disappeared without another word. Scarlette sounded like she was going to object, but closed her mouth thinking better of it,

The place I wanted to be as far as possible from only hours ago is now the only place that I feel safe. The curtains are closed shut, embracing the darkness with a warm hug. This is safe. I am safe.

Short chapter! But I wanted to express the fear Sawyer is feeling. 

Like and comment!

Share!