Chapter III : Freak

Tsireya led y/n and her brothers deeper into the sea. Y/n seemed to be mesmerized by the beautiful underwater creatures she'd never seen before. Just as she was about to befriend an illu, she felt a tugging on her tail, causing her to make a squealing noise. She turned around, thinking it was Lo'ak only for it to be Aonung. Her eyes widened as she looked at him in complete shock. He just stayed there, giving her a smug look. She now started to swim up, and her brothers seeing this, they followed her up to the surface.
Y/n: " Why did you do that?!"
She looked at Aonung, still surprised from what he did.
Aonung: "Because I wanted to."
He said, just continuing to smirk. They just stayed there above the surface, as y/n was clenching her teeth. She was staring him down, Neteyam and Lo'ak came up to the surface as well.
Neteyam: "What is the matter, baby sis?"
Y/n relaxed now, turning towards her older brother.
She put on a fake smile.
Y/n: "Everything is fine, brother."
She said, now looking back to Aonung. As Neteyam and Lo'ak swam away, y/n kicked Aonung's rib cage under water. He made quite a painful noise, and she felt bad for a split second.
Y/n: "That's what you deserve."
She said, pausing for a moment. Then she just swam away to the others.

Tuk was complaining about them being too fast, and Tsireya was telling them to just breath, whatever that meant. Aonung then shortly showed up from below the surface.
Aonung: "You guys are not good divers, maybe good at swinging through trees, but-"
He said being cut off by his sister who slapped his  neck.
Y/n couldnt help but giggle from this. Aonung noticed her laughing at this.
Y/n looked over to Aonung, and a bit flustered, she just went back underwater. He watched as this happened and just laughed to himself. A few moments later, Rotxo had asked where y/n was, which Aonung just shrugged to. Even though he saw where she swam to. He wanted to find her by himself.

Aonung stepped out of the water, shaking his hair back and forth. He wanted to find where y/n was, preferably alone, but his friends trailed behind him as they did everyday. He didn't want to tell them to leave because he felt embarrassed to have wanted to find her alone. He didn't understand why, but he just felt this way. Even after knowing her for barely a day.

As they were walking towards the shore, Aonung noticed a blue figure laying face down in the water, and he immediately recognized who this figure was. As he walked over to y/n, she noticed the shadows in the water of the 4 boys, and looking up to see who it was, the smile on her face quickly faded.
Aonung, noticing this, just simply smirked. Y/n had already stood up and was walking off.
Aonung: "Leaving already? I just got here."
He teased.
Y/n simply ignored him, she really did want him to leave her alone, but he just couldnt seem to accept this.
Aonung had the amazing idea to comment on her fingers again. He attempted to grab her hand the first time, causing y/n to abruptly move her hand away.
Aonung: "You're not even a real na'vi, Freak!"
The second attempt he made of grabbing her hand was of course, successful. She looked him dead in the eyes, and showed she was really affected by his words. He stood there, for the first time, not smiling as he noticed this. He almost felt.. bad.

As he was about to say something, Lo'ak came in at the perfect time.
Lo'ak: "Back off fish lips."
Aonung just smiled at this, forgetting how y/n felt about the situation.
Aonung: "Oh, what do we have here. Another four fingered freak? And he has hair above his eyes!"
Aonung said, looking at his friends who were laughing along.
Aonung then pushed Lo'ak into his other friend who grabbed his tail. Y/n couldn't deal with this any longer, and running over to the boy who pulled on Lo'aks tail, she simply jumped on him, hitting him a few times in the face. Aonung, from total shock, ran over to y/n, pulling her off of the boy who was badly bruised. He started chuckling, surprised about the damage she had done to his friend. His friends just surrounded her, Lo'ak hissing at Aonung for grabbing her. He just walked off, picking y/n up.
Y/n was so surpised by this, she started to hiss.
Y/n: "Let me go you creep! Weirdo! Pervert! Skxawng!!!"
Aonung just simply laughed at this.
Aonung: "Calm down forest girl, I won't do anything. After all, you are lucky. You hurt my friend."
Y/n just looked at him in shock, squeezing his arm.
Y/n: "He deserved this! You did too."
Aonung paused for a moment, looking down at his arm.
Y/n: "What are you looking at-"
She looked down to where Aonung was looking. She quickly jumped off of his arm, running off back to her hut.
Aonung just turned towards her direction, watching her run off, shocked by the incident that just occurred.

••••••••••••••

Neteyam was calmly sitting down covering some fish with leaves. Y/n then barges in and Neteyam is a little jump scared by this.
Neteyam: "Shit! You frightened me."
Y/n looked at him.
Y/n: "Sorry brother."
Neteyam just looked back to whatever he was doing.
Neteyam: "So, I saw you with Aonung."
Y/n cleared her throat, a bit flustered.
Y/n: "He was just.. uh.. helping me-"
Neteyam: "Ah.. yes.. HELPING you."
Y/n: "With.. the arm signs, thats why he was holding on to me."
Neteyam: "Hmmm so he was holding on to you, okay."
Y/n was embarrassed even more from this.
Y/n: "Not like that skxawng... Lo'ak.. Uhh.. got into a fight with the other boys."
Neteyam just looked at y/n, shocked. He ran out of the hut looking for Lo'ak who was walking towards their home already.
Neteyam: "What is wrong with you?! Dad is going to get so angry!-"
Just then, Lo'ak turns around seeing his father standing behind him.
Jake: "Get inside, now!"
Neteyam and Lo'ak both sigh, walking inside the hut.
Jake: "The one thing I asked from you was to stay on your best behavior! Was it not?"
Neteyam looks at Lo'ak, who nods his head nervously.
Jake: "Look.. Go apologize to Aonung and his friends."
Lo'ak looks up, with a confused look on his face.
Lo'ak: "But Dad- I mean sir, Aonung was calling y/n a freak!"
Their father then looked at y/n.
Jake: "Is that true.. were you there too?"
He said, now looking down at her arm which had a bruise on it.
Jake: "Seriously? Both of you were fighting?"
Jake then lets out a huge sigh.
Jake: "The both of you need to go apologize. I don't care how, just do it."
Y/n walks out with Lo'ak who is obviously angry about the situation. She just kinda walks with him awkwardly.
Lo'ak: "So.. are you going to apologize to him?"
Y/n: "Well yeah.. Dad will kill me if I don't."
They both laugh.
Lo'ak: "Yeah, true."
He then sees Aonung's friends, but Aonung is no where to be seen.
Lo'ak: "Go find Aonung, i'll talk to them."
Y/n nods and walks along the shore to find Aonung. She wasnt excited to see him, but she had no other choice.
As she walked through the warm sand, she saw a figure walking out of a large hut, and she immediately knew who this was. As she was about to walk over, She noticed this figure was walking out with a larger figure who had been yelling at them.
Obviously, this was Tonowari and Aonung. Somehow.. she felt bad. She waited until they were done. Aonung saw y/n and walked over smirking.
Aonung: "Did you come to see me?"
Y/n just rolled her eyes, trying not to smile.
Y/n: "I have no choice, I have to do this. I wasn't the only one being yelled at by their father."
Aonung just looked at her, waiting for what she had to say.
Y/n was building up the courage to say what she had to say.
Aonung: "Well, if we are done here, I'm just gonna.."
He said, walking away, but y/n stopped him, grabbing his arm.
Aonung turned around because of this, confused by this.
Y/n: "Wait, just let me finish."
She said, looking down at the sand.

(CLIFFHANGER YALL 😏)