Part IV : Why so Stubborn

As y/n stood there awkwardly, just holding on to Aonungs hand, he just looked at her.
Y/n just looked up, a bit flustered, quickly pulling her hand behind her back.
Aonung just looked at her, with his eyebrows raised waiting for a response.
Y/n just rolled her eyes.
Y/n: "Sorry for whatever.. you know.. being mean."
Aonung just smirked.
Aonung: "What was that, I couldnt hear you."
He just snickered now.
Y/n hissed at him, hitting his arm.
Aonung: "Woah calm down, or youre gonna get in trouble with your dad again."
Y/n just clenched her teeth, slightly growling.
Aonung just chuckled at this, looking at her now.
They just stared at each other for a bit, until Aonung's minions came in.
Y/n sees this, now turning around about to walk away.
Friend2/n: "Hey freak!-"
Aonung stops him now, holding his hand out.
Friend2/n: "Cmon, soft spot for the girl already?-"
Aonung just turns around to face him.
Aonung: "I have a plan, dont get in my way."
After saying this, Aonung thinks about the situation that just happened, although he didnt care for her, he remembered feeling something in that moment when she held his hand. He just brushed it off.

••••••••••••••

Y/n then enters the hut again to find her father and Tuk sitting together.
Jake: "Hey, babygirl, how are things? Aren't you supposed to be out there with your brothers and sister?"
Y/n looks at him, confused.
Y/n: "what do you mean?"
Jake: "They are learning to ride the Illu."
Y/n then runs out to see Aonung, Neteyam, Loak, and his friends all together with some sort of sea animals.
Y/n then runs towards the ocean and dives in.
Aonung then turns around to see this. And for some reason was looking forward to teaching her considering everyone else was paired with their teacher.
As y/n swam over, she lifted her head above the water, seeing Aonung waiting for her.
Y/n: "What are you staring at, weirdo?"
Aonung just looked at her.
Aonung: "Since everyone else has a teacher, I have to teach you."
Y/n: "Okay, whatever."
As y/n rolled her eyes, she attempted to jump onto the illu.
Aonung: "Need a little help? You seem to be struggling."
Y/n hissed at him, attempting to hit him on the forehead, but he backed up just in time, making her fall into the water.
Reflexively, he grabbed onto her waist, keeping her from falling into the water.
Aonung: "That was close, are you sure you dont need help."
Y/n just looked up at him in total shock.
Aonung did the same, now a bit flustered himself.
Y/n pushed him away.
Y/n: "I said im fine! No need to hold on to me.."
Aonung just laughed at this as she got on the illy now.
Aonung: "If you want to live here, you have to ride."
Y/n: "I know.. I got this."
Aonung: "Let me adjust some things for you."
He then placed his hand on her thigh, moving her leg back a bit to secure her balance.
Y/n felt his cold hands on her warm thigh, trying to act as normal as possible.
Y/n: "I said i can do it! You weirdo."
Aonung just smirked.
Aonung: "Why are you always so stubborn? Do i make you nervous?"
Y/n flushed, just hissing. She then quickly dove into the water with her illu, perfectly flowing through the ocean. Her balance was perfect, it was as if shed been doing this her whole life.
Aonung was looking underwater, in complete shock from this.
She then went back up the surface, whipping her hair, drying it off.
Aonung just stared at her.
Roxto noticed this, bumping his shoulder.
Roxto: "I thought you were making her like you, not the other way around."
Aonung turned around now.
Aonung: "Yeah, right. She already likes me."
Roxto just shrugged this off now, knowing Aonung had seen something in her.

••••••••••••••

She swam back to her brothers who were congratulating her. Aonung then sat on his illu, swimming over to y/n.
Aonung: "Good job, not bad for a forest girl."
Y/n just hissed at him.
Neteyam and Lo'ak looked at each other, giggling.
Y/n sees this.
Y/n: "Lo'ak. How are you and Tsireya?"
Lo'ak then turns to Y/n, rolling his eyes now.

••••••••••••••

The day was over and they had all said their goodbyes.
Aonung even turned to Y/n to say goodbye, but she was too embarrassed to say anything back. Of course, Aonund found amusement from this, but also felt happy about spending time with her. He just didn't understand this feeling.

Hey guys! Sorry this chapter was kinda short.
Ive been rlly busy with finals but in a few weeks ill be moving from in person school to homeschool so ill have so much more time to work on this story!
(I might even make another fanfic for aonung OR EVEN ANOTHER CHARACTER 😜 just lmk what u guys want)