9 - Phase 2🫣

9 - Phase 2🫣

Adunni was a nervous wreck as climbed out of the triplets' Range, she waved the car goodbye as the girls zoomed off to their next appointment. It was spa day today, so the girls had graciously offered Dunni a lift. Since she was going their way. She tried not to allow doubt to rise in her mind because they really had a meeting with their manager the other.

She stood in front of a restaurant which proclaimed itself to be Eden's Space, to all who set their eyes on it. The name, written in pretty cursive, sat proudly on the front of the classy building.

But it was not just any restaurant. It was where she was going to meet Mo Collins, the head of jewellery design at Collins Jewels.

A few days after the interview she received an email, inviting her to a chill lunch with the head of jewellery design. But she was not fooled by that one bit, she knew it was another interview and she was ready.

The nerve-racking part was meeting the Mo Collins. She was not just the head of jewellery design at Collins Jewels, she was also the best custom jewellery designer in Nigeria if not the world.

Dunni was more nervous about meeting Mo than about the impending second interview. She had always been a big fan of Mo's, so she couldn't believe that she was going to have lunch with one of her biggest idols.

Even if she didn't get the job, Collins Jewels had blessed her more than they could imagine. But she still wanted the job. Yes, meeting Mo was a wonderful thing, but learning from Mo, and being under her tutelage, was even better than just meeting her once.

Dunni rubbed her sweaty palms on the soft velvet of her gown as she tried to centre herself. The asymmetric teal dress the girls had dressed her in, scrapped her knees as she walked into the restaurant. The dress was made from the softest velvet, it was a collared gown with a row of buttons that stopped at her bosom. The skirt of the dress flared out in dramatic asymmetric cuts. She fixed a smile on her face. You can do this! She chanted mentally as she walked into the room.

Dunni walked up to the host, her smile firmly fixed on her face. "Good morning," she read the tag attached to the host's blue dress. "Joy."

"Good morning ma," Joy nodded at Dunni, a smile lighting her face. "How can I help you?"

"I am here for the interview with Mrs Collins," Dunni said searching her eyes for recognition.

"Yes," she smiled delightedly. "I have been expecting you. Mrs Collins is expecting you. Please come with me," Joy moved away from the desk she sat behind, leading the way.

"Thank you," Dunni smiled and followed Joy trying to calm her batted nerves. She tried not to panic at the news that Mrs Collins was already here, she tried to be early.

Well as early as one could be when travelling with the terrific trio. Not that she blamed her tardiness on them. They were kind to offer her a ride. She was very grateful for them. But she hated that she was late, she had wanted to make a good impression by arriving before the stipulated 9 am.

"We are here," Joy stopped and Dunni was just one step away from crashing into her. "Good luck." Joy smiled and left Dunni at a door, that was slightly ajar.

Dunni looked around shocked by her environment, she had expected a dining room filled with people, but not this seclusion. But she surmised that privacy was needed when conducting interviews. She stood at the end of a hallway, she could see the restaurant's dining area just beyond this room.

She took a steadying breath and knocked on the open door.

"Come in," a voice called from within.

Dunni did as she was told, walking into the room. She briefly wondered if she should shut the door behind her. But since nothing was said about it, she left it as it was. She couldn't contain her gasp as she took in the room she stood in.