4 - Art's Heart🖼️

4 - Art's Heart🖼️

Resplendent in red and gold she stood backdropped by paintings that didn't compare to her beauty. She looked like a masterpiece, even better than the artwork that surrounded her.

The night suddenly went from okay to intriguing. Just when he was about to quit the art show, she came along. He turned to Eniola, his best friend since diapers, grabbing her hand to pull her out of her artistic reverie.

"Who is she?" he angled his head in mystery girl's direction.

Enny takes a sip of her golden bubbly and stared at the mystery lady. "I don't know," she admitted and glared. Ennny hated not knowing, especially when it came to art. "She must be a new face. Joesph is always on the look out for new blood. A fresh perspective he calls it." she veers around and leaves him to his questions.

"Where are you going?" he whispered at her retreating form.

"To find out if she is a fresh perspective or a pretty guest." Enny smiled at him, tapping his arm as though comforting him. He couldn't help but smirk. She shook her head and chuckled as she walked away. "Good luck."

"I don't need luck. I've got charm." he called after her.

"Oh I think you would need luck today." she turned and smirked. "I know her type."

Before Mike could ask what she meant by that, she had scurried away. He smiled at her retreating form, glad to see her in her element. He was so proud of how far she has come. Tucking thoughts of his best friend out of his mind, he turned and strutted towards the lady in red. It was time he found out for himself who she really was.

He came to a screeching halt just three steps away from her and stared at her face. Something about her seemed familiar. Have I seen her before? He wondered. No, I wouldn't forget a pretty face. He decided nodding slowly.

He continued walking to her, grabbing two glasses of champagne from the coming waiter. "Your hand looks empty," he said offering a glass and a smile.

"Hmm thanks," she accepted the offered glass and turned to peer at him. "But you do that these drinks are free right?"

He laughed. "I know that much. I came here for the free wine."

"Not the beautiful art?"

"Nope just the wine."

"Not even the fine women?"she asked mock shock lining her face.

"Just the fine wine," he took a sip of said wine and smirked.

"For shame," she smiled, taking a sip of the drink. His eyes settled on her long neck adorned by a gleaming gold necklace. He watched the golden liquid slide into her throat, and he swallowed along with her. Forcing himself to look away from her distracting figure.

"So Miss?"

"Davies."

"Davies?"

She smiled. "My surname. You did call me Miss."

He smirked. "Pretty and a sense of humour. Where have you been hiding?"

"In this corner," she took a quick sip. He laughed, smirking on the inside. Good, she was nervous. "But I must have not done a very good job of hiding if you found me."

"It's not that you didn't hide well. I just have sharp vision."

"Tunnel vision more like it," she mumbled into her drink.

"Hun?" he acted confused when he really wanted to laugh. This girl ehn.

"Nothing," she mumbled giving him a sacarstic smile.