10 - An Exquisite Day🍝

It was the very next day after her meeting with Mo, and Dunni felt like a different person. Dunni had come home raving about Eden's Space and everyone wanted to visit the garden in the heart of the city. Especially Dolapo, their resident foodie. Dunni didn't know where Dolapo kept the food she packed away. Maybe her regular gym attendance helped with that.

Dunni was strolling into Exquisite with three identical bodies following her. She didn't know how this had happened. She had gone from, saying goodbye to Dolapo dressed in jeans and a top, to being forced into a pretty pink gown that the girls considered appropriate for an afternoon in town.

She had woken up with a huge smile and an official confirmation mail from Collins Jewels, sitting in her inbox.

COLLINS JEWELS HOLDINGS.

Dear Adunniade Davies,

Congratulations!  Following the interviews conducted, you have been selected for the position of Jewelry Designet of Collins Jewels. You are expected to resume work in the next two weeks, if you are still interested in the position or send a declination mail indicating your lack of interest. We advise you to use this time to rest up for the work ahead and get your affairs in order. Best of luck!

Welcome to the Collins Jewels Family.

Best Regards,
Morenikeji Collins.

For
Genevieve Collins,
Head of Human Resources,
Collins Jewels Holdings.

Dunni had screamed when she read it, excitement pulsing through her veins. She had also attracted the attention of three anxious people who quickly stormed her room wondering what was wrong. She had jumped at them with a smile telling, pulling them into a hug. She assured them that everything was fine. Why wouldn't it be?

She had a job, a well-paying, stable job. The girls had laughed at her excitement they had never seen her so excited before. They arranged a celebration outing in Eden's Space. Dunni had raved about the garden space in the restaurant and everyone was excited to visit.

Once the girls filed out of her room, Dunni read through the email again excitement shimmering below the surface. She quickly drafted her reply and sent it, but the phrase get your affairs in order caught her attention.

She needed to get her affairs in order, starting with her job or her old job waitressing at Exquisite. She needed to quit, she knew this but for some reason this made her... She wasn't sure what she was feeling. Sad? Anxious? Maybe a little bit of both.

She got ready quickly and pulled on her uniform of jeans and a top. Her nappy curls were stills in twists from the previous night. So she left them as they were and plopped a wig on her head.

She grabbed her bag and went through the content to make sure that she had all she needed: phone, money, and sketch pad. Ready to leave, she pulled her black sneakers out of the shoe rack. Then she was out of her room and in the living room. She saw Dolapo sitting on the couch, engrossed in her phone. She was dressed casually in a robe that lay open exposing the shorts and cami underneath.

"Good morning," Dunni called cheerfully.

"Going out?" Dolapo asked looking up from her phone.

"Yeah," Dunni nodded. "I'm going to work."

"Work?" Dolapo looked her up and down, when she looked back at Dunni she wore confusion on her features. "Dressed like that?"

Dunni laughed, she couldn't help herself. Dolapo had not meant to be rude. "My witnessing job. I change into my uniform when I get there."