3 - Lounging😌

3 - Lounging😌

Dunni hummed a merry tune as she moved about the apartment the next day. Never had she been so happy for a Saturday before. As she cleaned up her apartment, she was so glad she didn't have to work at the restaurant, Exquisite today. She needed to rest and maybe she could squeeze a few hours to paint that beautiful house. She shut her eyes against the pain that lanced through her heart as she remembered Mr. Shiny Shoes. Yes she had slammed into him and soiled his perfect tux, but she had apologised hadn't she? She pushed the memory out of her mind. "Maybe I won't be painting that mansion after all." she muttered, returning the cleaning supplies to the closet.

Surveying her work, she smiled. After a long week it was always nice to clean, it perked the apartment up. She surveyed her apartment, with it's open floor plan and glass sliding door that gave a pretty view of Lagos City.

The dining room was the first room one encountered upon entry, there was a large table pushed off to the side. The large floor to ceiling window brought in  bright light and the numerous cabinets made it look like a pretty off shoot of the kitchen that it faced. The kitchen was all marble and stainless steel. The world class fridge and cooker sat up against the wall, beside them was the sink. Opposite it sat the marble island with four high stools on the other side making sure there was space for movement. The one thing the apartment had was lots of space and windows which brought in plenty of natural light, this made it easy to paint anywhere in the house. But Dunni loved painting in the dinning room or on the balcony that sat beside the sitting room through the sliding glass.

The sitting room sat beside the kitchen its white and pastel coloured couches set a peaceful tone around the light. It made the bright room look brighter, if that was even possible. One chair sat against the wall, the other had it's back to the kitchen and faced the television and balcony. The third chair had it's back to Dunni's room which sat beside it. But the showpiece was the coffee table, made of twisted copper it was a work of art pure and simple. Before the coffee table sat the simple copper television stand and behind it was the sliding glass, shaded by sheer pastel blue and pink curtains like the couches and led to the balcony. There was space behind the television for easy movement to the balcony.

Opposite the sitting room was her room, it was roomy and pretty and Dunni was glad to be renting the space at the price. She crossed over to sliding glass and opened it, she wanted fresh breeze to waft into the apartment. As few minutes later, she settled on the couch with her Bible, devotional and a journal. She felt out of sorts lately and the best place to resolve out of sorts feelings, was before the throne of her father.

Today's devotional was about trusting in God, the message and even the Bible verse was one she had heard a lot over the years since she had become a Christian. Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. But today, the words of Proverbs 3:5 & 6 seemed to hit her anew. Was she really trusting God with her heart? Let alone all her heart? How did one go about trusting God with all of ones heart? Was it possible to not lean on one's understanding at least a little? How did one acknowledge God?

Dunni recorded the questions that plagued her in her journal and prayed about it, but try as it may she couldn't get it out of her mind. She didn't feel the usual peace she normally felt after spending time with God, if possible she felt more out of sorts now than she did before she started her devotional.

Sighing she stood up from her comfortable position on the couch and retired to her room, grabbing her Bible, journal and devotional along with her. But not before snapping the sliding glass shut and making sure it was secure. She arranged her room last, sorting through laundry and catching up on chores she had postponed through out the week. By the time her room was clean, exhaustion had taken over her body. Without bothering to shower, she laid across the bed she had just laid and numbered till noon.