Ch. 1

TIM POV

This couldn't be happening. All of the sound in the room seemed to blur away as I watched my mother waving her arms up and down as she reiterated how unacceptable she found the university's oversight. Today was move-in day here at Titanus University, and I'd really been hoping for a smooth farewell to my mother before moving into a normal too small dorm room, with a roommate I maybe could call a friend. However, when Mom and I arrived at room 605, aka the room I'd been assigned in the human freshman honors college dorms, there was ANOTHER Timothy Clark already moved in. That's right, this dude and I had the same name, and had somehow been assigned the same dorm. Mom and I had arrived too late, probably thanks to the turtle pace my mom used while driving, and now I was in the housing office where my mother was yelling at a dean, or employee... or deffs someone she probably shouldn't be yelling at. Unfortunately, the housing office only left us with two options since they'd literally run out of available human dorms. Option 1 was for me to pack my bags and find an off campus apartment, and option 2 was for me to move into a giant dorm, which was the one and only dorm they currently had available. I didn't have a car and certainly couldn't afford an apartment. I could only afford this school on scholarship. So, we agreed that I'd move into the giant dorm.

It wasn't until after Mom and I agreed to move my things to the giant dorm, that the housing dude explained just why this dorm was available. Apparently, this giant student I was moving in with needed special accommodations that took up too much room for them to have another giant as a roommate, however, it shouldn't be a problem having a human take up some space. Especially a human as shrimpy as me with my 5' stature... ok the housing guy didn't make fun of my size, but everyone else always has, so it's my natural reaction.

Anyways... Now 5 feet tall me, and my 4 foot 10 mother were pushing a human sized cart towards the elevator of the new building I'd be staying in, Grande Hall. While waiting in line for the elevator, Mom and I drew confused gazes from the massive 8 and a halfish feet tall giants who were most likely wondering why a human was in this building right now. Most giants grew to be 8 or 9 feet tall, with some of the really big ones getting as tall as 11 or 12 feet. Mom and I seemed to come to the elbow or hip of all of these massive giants.

Growing up, I lived in a predominantly human neighborhood, and went to human schools, but I've certainly been exposed to giants before. Ok... so not that many in person... but I have always found the idea of giants to be intriguing. Any movies with giants in them, I'm there opening weekend. Any books with giants, I'm the first to download. And ultimately, I'm not entirely opposed to the idea of a powerful giant taking me in their arms and... you know... The only thing is, I've always felt too intimidated by giants to pursue anything. They're just so big. So powerful. What would someone like me even do with someone so enormous?

Mom and I finally reached my new room, room 1205. We knocked, even though my key card should work on the door, for by now it was likely my new roommate had already moved in. After knocking we felt a rumble that seemed a bit abnormal, for the floors across this entire campus should have been calibrated for giants.... We hadn't noticed any rumbles on our way in... Finally an absolutely massive man opened the door. He had to have been about 12 and a half feet tall and was the most massive man I'd ever seen in person!

The giant man looked way down on Mom and I... no easy feat. when gazing past his barrel of a belly that stretched his tight green t-shirt. I looked up at the salt and pepper bearded face that stared down on us, I couldn't help but feel both intimidated and oddly turned on. Part of me wanted to tuck tail and run, while the other part of me wanted to leap into this man's arms and snuggle into his broad chest.

"Hello there. You must be Ben's new roommate?" The massive man said in a warm deep voice.

I must have paused longer than normal to answer for Mom stepped in to save me from embarrassment. Not gonna lie, I was still trying to take in how massive this dude was.