Ch. 7

BEN POV

No no no! I was so dumb! Dad had been right when he said I didn't need to get any bigger. Grrrr. I was so mad! SO SO ANGRY! My little buddy didn't like me anymore. I could see it in his eyes. I got too big and now he's scared of me! What do I even do? I can't get smaller! Ughh!

I'd finally made it to the little forest around my apartment. What were these little trees doing here anyway. They didn't even reach my belly. I grabbed a handful of trees and realized I could pick them like flowers... and it felt good. I threw the Trees as far as I could, seeing them land on some cars haha. Those cars should be thankful it's just the trees that landed on them. I was so big and so strong now that I could crush these right under my feet like it was nothing... wait... but that's not right of me... if I act scary then it'll only make Tim more scared of me, right?

A bunch of little helicopters started buzzing around me, and that was really starting to make me mad. I was obviously embarrassed because an entire party of probably hot cool frat guys just saw my little buddy reject me. I probably scared them too, come to think of it. Had they been screaming to cheer when I'd arrived or screaming out of fear? Ughhh. I didn't need these army guys around me right now. They need to let me be mad alone!

"Ben! We need you to return to your apartment NOW!" General Dean announced through some speaker attached to one of the helicopters.

"I DON'T FEEL LIKE IT,"

"Ben! We don't want to hurt you, but if-"

"HURT ME? YOU LITTLE GUYS CAN'T HURT ME," I replied as I bent down and picked up another handful of trees and chucked them at one of the helicopters. Hahahah. It started spiraling and looked like it was about to crash. I jumped forward and caught the helicopter before it blew up on the ground. When the little propellers hit my hand they broke, and didn't even leave a scratch on me.

"Ben. Stand down now son!"

"I didn't actually hurt anybody, look." I responded as I held the broken helicopter with the two soldiers inside up so General Dean could see.

"This is your last warning Ben. Put the helicopter down safely, and return to you apartment,"

No, no, no. Why was everyone being so mean to me? I didn't do anything! I felt myself start to cry and an overwhelming need to apologize consumed me.

I sat on the ground, crushing a bunch of trees under me. I held the little helicopter up so I could see the little guys inside. Oh no, they looked scared. "Don't worry little guys, I'm not going to crush you," I said as I broke open the front of the helicopter and pulled the two little guys out. They were stuck to their seats so I had the two little soldiers in their seats looking up at me in my big hand. I tossed the rest of the helicopter in the forest and continued to check on these little dudes. "Hey, are you guys okay? I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you, b-but I think I got in a fight with my boyfriend tonight. Well we didn't really fight, cuz he was too scared to talk to me, even though he said if I got bigger and stronger that he would love me more. Isn't that confusing? I mean look how big and strong I got!"

GROOOWWWWLLL

Oh boy, was I hungry. Dad says I'm an emotional eater. Maybe some food will make me feel better. I stood up with my two little soldiers in my hand and finally made it back to my apartment. When I arrived, General Dean and a bunch of little soldiers were waiting for me.

"Ben. We talked about this. You can't just show up to a college campus and cause destruction. And Ben, please put Eric and Griffin down,"

"They're my new friends though. We want food. Where are all my trucks of food?"