Chapter Four

Hey, I am just warning all of you that there is a panic attack at the bottom of this chapter, so please if you get triggered I will tell you were to skip. 

The night is going so great. Y/n and Riff were having the night of their lives. She smiled as she traveled around him. His eyes glued to her. The gym doors open and close all the time, but this time when Y/n glanced she stopped. Riff, hoping that it might be Tony, looked too. Soon his smile turns into a major frown. Bernardo strolled passed him with ease, Anita glancing Y/n up and down. Y/n breathed hitched, and Riff turned her away. "Stay here, baby," he mumbles. Y/n nodded and Riff went down for a dip. Riff smiled and brought her back up. He backed up and brought her into a kiss. But it was interrupted by Anita and Bernardo colliding with them. He moved Y/n behind him. "You wanna dance buddy?" Riff started. A bad feeling was starting to sink into Y/n's gut. All she wanted to do was sink back into the crowd and she tried, but the people in the back started rushing forward. She lost herself in the crowd looking everywhere for Riff. She gasped as she felt a hand grip tingly on her should.

They forcefully turned Y/n to look at them. Grazie. "Well?" She said, looking around. "I never said he actually would come, it was only a slight chance," Y/n said, looking around for help. Velma made eye contact with her and started to make her way towards the two girls. Ever since Riff and Y/n met, Grazie has hated her. And it didn't help that because of Riff, Tony went to jail. But Grazie wouldn't blame him, she would blame Y/n who just happen to be at that rumble, to see Tony get taken away. And ever since she has been constantly asking Y/n to get Tony to ask her out."I do not care! He is supposed to be here-" Grazie raised her hand to strike, but a new hand caught her. Riff started her down. "Don't even think about it," Riff said slowly. Grazie's face filled with fear as she swallowed. Riff let go of her hand and wrapped an arm around Y/n. He looked down at her as she turned her attention to the host of the dance. They hadn't caught a thing he said, but she watched carefully as Bernardo discarded his jacket and made his way into the center. And of course, Anita followed.

Y/n felt a twinge inside of her. Competition. She looked up at Riff. She leaned into his ear and whispered "Let's show these guys what it means to dance on the West Side." He looked down at her and smirked. She blinked innocently. He bowed to her and lead her inside the circle. The rest of the circle was filled, music filled the space. "Girls, go to the right, boys go to the left. And when the music stops dance with whoever is in front of you." Y/n watched Antonia's heels closely. The music stopped and so did all the warm bodies in the room.Y/n looked at the man in front of her. A shark stood there. I mean he seemed ok, but Y/n was already weak from tonight. Dancing with anyone else seemed wrong and unsettling. She glanced at Riff, who had the queen PR in front of him. "Oye," Anita yelled to the conductor "Jaui! ¡Ponle Fuego ¡vamos!" Riff slid his way around Anita to pull Y/n beside him.

"Mambo!"

"Mambo!"

"GO!"

Y/n let Riff lead on this part. Taking her to where she needed to spin and push back, but of course with all the elegance in the world. He lead them to an open spot where it was the two of them. They swayed and spun together. Y/n let out a joyous shout then turned to a nervous gasp. The one person she hasn't seen in 2 years and didn't want to just walk in. Tony. Of course, Riff was thrilled. "Tony! Tony, hey, man I am so happy you are here," Riff was so happy that Tomny was here that he didn't even notice Y/n slip into the hallway, holding onto her chest. Velma and Mouth watched her run out. She looked over at him and nodded they both run into the hall with her. 

This is the part that you should  skipped if panic attacks trigger you, please read at your own risks and take care of yourselves, my loves 😉

Y/n was pacing back and forth holding her chest, tears filling her eyes. "Y/n, Y/n, come here," Velma cooed, having a lot of experience. 3 people. Those are the only ones who know how to do it. Riff, Velma, and Mouth. Velma was able to get Y/n to sit down, but nothing was getting her to come back to reality. "Mouth, she's struggling to get back, go get Riff." Mouth nodded and charged right out the door. The intense dance was over and now it was just people dancing around and actually having fun.Mouth searched for Riff. When Mouth finally spotted him, he was laughing with Tony and Dot. Shoot. He made his way over. "Hey Mouth, long time since I have seen you," Tony said, trying to be friendly. Normally Mouth would stay and talk, but Y/n needed Riff. He smiled and leaned over into Riff's ear. "She needs you. Another moment is happening in the hallway. Velma is trying to calm her down but nothing is working," he whispered. Riff's demeanor changed quickly. He looked at Mouth with a panicked look on his face.

"Everything alright?" Tony asked. "Yeah, sorry, everything is fine. I just have to go find someone. Tony, I am really happy you came and you and I will meet up again in a little bit. Dot lovely as always to talk to you-" Riff started to make his way towards where Y/n was. But Tony was hot on his tale "Hey is it Y/n, maybe I can-" "Yeah, umm sorry, she can't see anyone right now. Except for me, so I will meet up with you later," Riff escaped, with Tony calling out to him.But Riff had to get to her. Riff opened the door to see Velma kneeling in front of Y/n. Riff bent down to the fragile girl. "Doll, can you look at me," he whispered. Mouth and Velma watched carefully. Y/n eyes started to fall. She was getting dizzy from her fast breathing. Velma gasped, and Riff nodded at Mouth. He lead her out of the room so Y/n wouldn't get distracted. Riff grabbed her chin and brought it closer to her face. "Doll, please."

This time she did. She looked directly into his eyes. Her heart went from pounding to thumping. Riff instructed her on breathing techniques they had taught each other. And suddenly she was able to speak. "I'm sorry," she genially muttered. "For what, Doll?" Riff asked, sitting next to her so she could put her head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry that I am like this. I'm sorry you have to miss out on Tony because he makes me like this.""You, my love, will always be my number one worry. If you are not happy, neither am I," he whispered and kissed my hand. "You can go back to dance, I just need a minute." "I'll wait with you, plus if I go back in there without you, Grazie will beg me for a dance and that is not something I want to deal with." Y/n smiled and leaned up looking at Riff. She studied his features. He watched her and smirked. He caught her neck and was leaning down for a kiss.

But Tiger burst through the doors. He didn't say anything so Riff called out "Tiger! We were in the middle of something, do you- " "Oh yeh, Tony just came out from under the bleachers with a girl. A PR." Y/n felt Riff tense. He looked down at her and she nodded. Riff stood up and reached out for Y/n. She stood up with his help but didn't move. Riff eyed her again and she nodded. With that, he made his way back to the gym with Y/n following behind him.