Chapter Eleven

I ran to the Police Station. I ran straight into Krupke's office. "Can I please know what the hell is going on? Is he alive? What-?" "Will you sit down, Miss Y/n?" Krupky asked. I say and squeeze my way into his office. I go to shut the door, but the broad structure of Detective Schrank slid in the door. "Good afternoon, young lady. I bet you are a little bit confused. Well, we can assure you that what we have called you in for was not to get you in trouble." "Well, can we hurry this up? I'm assuming this is to identify a body-" "Riff's alive." My whole body stopped. "Wait, no I don't believe you. Ice, Tiger all of those boys told me that he was dead. He was stabbed." "We know. He was stabbed, and he was close to death. But medics were able to save him. They were able to save most of his blood and close his gash. He's currently on constant watch, we had to come up with a name for him and everything. And you're coming in will only make it worse. As soon as you can see him we will call you. But for right now we need to fill out some paperwork," Krupky explained. I nod, still fighting to stay awake. This news would send anyone down a spiral.

Then a question came to her mind. "What happened with Bernardo?" I ask, vice barely coming above a whisper. "Shot." "By who?" "We don't know. This is also where you come in," Schrank said. My eyes flick from the two of them. Krupky looked away at me and sighed. "What?" "We want to bring in all the boys. We need the whole story. And they were all there. We know that you know where they are. So just get the information of their location and we will get you to that hospital so you can see Riff." He smiles at me. And it was a smile of power-lusted. "No," I say standing. "No?" "No! I'm not letting you put those innocent boys away! They didn't mean to do anything bad. I mean yes it was bad, but they never meant to take it to this extreme of a level. And I am certainly not letting you take advantage of my relationship with Riff to gain some extra pay." I say, and bolt out of the office as fast as I could.

...

I sat at the window bench. Everyone kept taking glances at me. Anger, sadness, and fear swirled around, one taking place at a time. I glance over at Ice and Tiger, Riff more trusted. They were whispering about something. I have to ask. I clear my throat and stand. "I know you all what to know what was going on at the station. And I can't tell you. But I have a question I need to ask each of you. What happened to Riff's gun?" There was no time to answer. Because the bell above the door rang. We all turned our attention to a small figure in the doorway. My face turned sour and my feelings shifted too. She was calling out to Valentina. Grazie, who had been 'crying' about Riff in the corner, tuned to yelling. "You come in here speaking Spanish-" "Grazie, down." I sat stepping down. "She's-" "Not supposed to be here. I know. But there's no use in getting in her face. Remember Riff, left me in charge. So listen." Grazie rolled her eyes, but she listened and moved over to Velma. "Thank you-" "Oh, we are not done. We need to start with every girl in this room to leave. Except for you and I," I chuckle.

"Y/n,. What are you doing?" Mouth asked coming up behind me. "What? Don't you recognize this girl?" I ask the boys. All of them shake their heads. Then Tiger spoke. "This was Bernardo's girl. I remember you from the dance." "Exactly. I just have a few questions for her. That I don't need you here for. So leave," I shout causing Velma to flitch "To leave." Velma displays a look of hurt and pain. My best friend looked at me like I was a monster. And I didn't care. The girls shuffle out and I turn back to Anita. "Do you know what happen here tonight?" I asked circling her. She swallowed hard as I watched her. But she also had 15 boys watching hers. "Well no- I only know what the police told me," her words came out nervous. All I did to respond was hum. I went back to the window. "What is your business here?" I ask her, looking out the window. Anita shifted nervously as the boys came closer to her. "We saw you at the gym. You were quite the show-off. Maybe you can show off again. You know shake like you did at the dance." The boys started closing in on her. The mouth looked at me, shocked.

But Tiger, who also glanced at me, had a different look. His look was one of begging. "What-What are you doing?" She asked me, fear clouding her face. Grazie, Velma, and Dot were all banging on the door. Y/n didn't even glance, she just nodded. There was still a part of her that didn't care so she walked away. But this is revenge. On who, on what. She walked around the corner all to hear the phone ringing. "This is Doc's, you are speaking to Y/n." "Hello, Miss Y/n," an all too familiar voice. "Riff," I whispered. "Please come to the hospital."