Chapter 3

I stood in the bathroom, waiting for him to enter the bedroom. He plonked down on his bed. He didn't even look around for me, didn't even care I wasn't there. I was hoping that would all change. "Hey Maxon" I said in the best sexy voice I could manage. It came out like I was having an asthma attack. Stupid America, stupid. But I kept at my plan. "Maxon?" Still no response. "Maxon!" I snapped. This time he looked up. Looked down, but quickly looked up again. He studied my eyes questioningly. I sat down next to him. Did I mention that I was being more revealing every time? Well, I had worked my way down to absolutely nothing. I took his hands and placed them on my breasts. At that start of our marriage I had been so self conscious of how small they were, but Maxon had made me feel like the most beautiful woman on earth. Even after pregnancy when they sagged before returning to small, Maxon was there to make me feel gorgeous. Ever since our first night, he knew that this meant he needed to make me feel good again. But he didn't. Maxon didn't worship me, didn't praise me, didn't apologise for missing so much, now, all he did was remove his hands, and say, "America, I really can't be distracted." To which end he got up and went to sleep god knows where. I, his wife, was a distraction! I would let it go tonight, but tomorrow would be a whole different story.