APART

I woke up before Oli and just looked at him. He was still half way down the bed, face down with his mouth open, kind of snoring and apparently still totally dead to the world. I was sad that Oli and I had to separate that day and live our own lives – him on tour, me modelling... even though it was only five days until I'd see him again. The time we'd spent in each others' company had made it clear to me that I wanted him around as much as possible so saying goodbye, even for a few days, really sucked. I stretched and messaged Behati and Hannah, wanting to tell them both the latest news; that Oli and I had exchanged the 'L' word... and maybe also that I'd done un-ladylike things in a nightclub bathroom. They were both happy for me and amused by the second part with Behati asking for all the dirty details, of course. At 9am I called room service and ordered breakfast for Oli and I even though he was still asleep. He would need it when he woke up so juice, toast, vegan scrambled eggs, fruit, and of course; coffee seemed appropriate. 

I sat on the bed while I waited and rubbed Oli's head gently, letting his long, brown hair glide between my fingers. I didn't want to wake him up, but I knew I had to once the food arrived anyway. He groaned after a couple of minutes and opened one eye to look at me after a while. "Hello sleeping beauty." I whispered jokingly. He groaned again and sat up awkwardly.
"Fuck." he said as he grabbed his head, the hair on one side completely flat, the hair on the other, fluffy and sticking out. I guess this was why he often slept in a beanie. "Here, drink this." I said, reaching over for the glass of water/aspirin/hydration powder and handing it to him.
"Ugh." he whined, scrunching up his face as it hit his taste buds. "Do I have to?" he asked like a child, clearly unimpressed with how it tasted. I mean, it wasn't great, but it wasn't that bad.
"Yes. It will make you feel better." I replied. He reluctantly sculled the liquid while I went and got a face washer soaked in cold water. I climbed back onto the bed and sat with my legs wide and told him to lay in front of me which he did, his head resting against my, well pelvis. I put the cool washer across his forehead and started massaging his head to comfort him a little bit and he moaned a little as I pressed my fingers into his temples. I loved running my hands through his hair and I liked taking care of him to be honest. I didn't have that kind of connection with many people in my life. "I didn't think I drank that much last night but fuck I feel terrible." he admitted as he laid there with his eyes shut.
"I didn't think you drank that much either to be honest, but here we are." I giggled. He opened his eyes and looked up at me. I think he appreciated that I was there with him, trying to make him feel less horrible. "I love you." he said with a smile, probably suddenly remembering what had happened the night before and realising that he could say it openly now.
"I love you too." I replied, leaning my face down to kiss him upside down.

Oli was leaving with the band at 11am to drive a couple of hours to Norfolk, then travelling overnight to Atlanta, followed by Jacksonville and finally finishing up the tour in Orlando where I would be reuniting with him. I felt bad that he had to play four shows in five days and had to sleep for two of the nights on the bus, meanwhile I would be in New York in my warm, comfy apartment earning my living by attending parties. I guess it was the life he was used to, but it seemed kind of unfair that he was on the go so much, having to have energy every night to perform. As the doorbell rang, I slid out from under Oli's head and answered the door, then watched as our breakfast was wheeled in on a big silver trolley. Oli stumbled over to the table and plonked down as I started removing the covers and pushing plates in his direction. "Thanks for looking after me." Oli said as he sipped the coffee that I handed him before anything else. "I wish you could be on tour with me all the time." he laughed. I just laughed as I started throwing grapes in my mouth. We sat and ate breakfast together as I filled him in on some of the gaps he had of the night before. He remembered most of what happened and blushed when I told him how 'hands-on' he'd been. He also told me it was 'so hot' that I'd given him a blowjob in the toilets, lol. Whatever floats his boat, I guess. I messaged Luiz while Oli showered and we packed our bags ready for our separate departures. I knew it was only five days, but I still hated saying goodbye. Being with him for a few solid days had been so nice and it made it feel like five days was going to be forever.