New Discoveries Part 11

Kazuha blinked in confusion. "What..?"

"Can you maybe, give me more information? How long will he be in a coma? How the hell did all this happen so quickly?" He rambled, "I swear, we only separated a week ago! Archons, how on Teyvat did he get into so much trouble so quickly??" 

Traveller put both hands on Kazuhas shoulders and squeezed lightly.

"Kazuha, please calm down. You're worrying me, what's going on?" Aether questioned, eyebrows knit together in a concerned fashion.

Kazuha took a deep breath and removed Aether's hands from his shoulders. "I'm sorry, that was unlike me. Now, can you please give me more information on the incident?"

Traveller nodded, "Okay, although it's a bit of a long story so we should go back to my room and find Fischl. I'll send her back to Mondstadt, and you make sure to thank her."

Kazuha let out an amused huff, a small smile spreading across his lips. 

"Of course."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ah, I suppose it has reached the time I must depart thy abode! Farewell, indispensable vagabonds, and thou, Kaedehara Kazuha of Inazuma, be certain to come back and retrieve me if ever arrives the time for my aid." Fischl announced, holding her head high and smirking.

Kazuha smiled and nodded. "Yes, of course, Your Highness, I'll ask you for help when the time comes." 

Traveller glanced at Kazuha, then at Fischl, then again in a concerned fashion before he shook his head and smiled at both. "Fischl, do you have a way to get home? Are you going to walk or would you like me to escort you back?" 

Fischl shook her head and thanked them both before leaving the inn.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alright, now can you give me more information? I sincerely apologize if I seem impatient or if I'm pushing you too hard." Kazuha apologized.

Aether huffed in amusement before shaking his head. "Don't worry Kazuha, I understand you are probably concerned about what happened with Scaramouche."

Kazuha nodded, "Yes, I had no idea such terrible things could happen so quickly."

"Mhm, it caught me by surprise too when I heard about what happened. I assume you want as full a story as humanly possible? Archons, I'm beating around the bush. I'll just tell you." Traveller sighed.

Kazuha smiled warmly, then nodded.

"Okay, basically, from my understanding, and I might be wrong, so don't quote me, uh... After my journey through the Chasm and Inazuma, I headed to Sumeru. They had their issues with a specific something that I had to fix,  so I went to go help. A lot happened, but I'll skip it because it isn't relevant. So some people were trying to replace Buer? With Scaramouche? So he was going to be Sumeru's new god, but, since all this was probably caused by Dottore, the second harbinger by the way, I went to go stop him. With the help of Nahida, or Buer, we stopped Scaramouche from becoming a god, and now Nahida's taking care of him and hiding him from the Fatui until he wakes up. Also, the reason he's in a coma right now is that he was in a giant robot. Like, it was huge. Like, 112 feet?? Ish? Sorry, I'm rambling...."

Traveller rambled on.

"....And he had Raiden Ei's gnosis which I think was giving him power, so Nahida took that from him and when he was trying to get it back, I felt so bad by the way but I couldn't just switch sides and help him get the gnosis back cause that would be a shit move, anyway, he was reaching out of the mech he was in, and then suddenly the pipes that were connecting him to the mech just snapped? Then he fell out of the mech and passed out."

Kazuha widened his eyes. "I'm sorry, Raiden Ei's gnosis? Pipes?? He fell from 112 feet and is now in a coma? Is he dead? Archons, is he okay? Will he be okay?"

Aether looked puzzled for a moment before blinking in realization. "Oh. You don't know, do you? Oh wow, this is awkward I thought he would've told you, although I only knew after I was sort, of forced, into his memories or something. But wow."

Scrunching up his face, Kazuha shook his head. "What? What am I supposed to know?" He questioned.

"Right, right. Here comes another story, so sit tight." Traveller winked.

"Scaramouche was created by Ei as a test of the technology of making puppet bodies. He was not meant to perfectly resemble her, only to test if creating a puppet body was possible. As his creation was successful, he was considered the prototype for the puppet she now uses as the Raiden Shogun." Traveller recited.

(Credit to [https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Scaramouche] I was too lazy actually to write it)

Kazuha's eyes twitched, and his lips tightened together. He was at a loss for words.

"Ah." He squeaked.

Aether laughed. As if Kazuha's squeak of a reaction was... predictable.

"Mhm, yeah, that's fair." He smiled, twirling the end of his braid between his thumb and pointer finger in an infinity symbol.

Kazu huffed; blowing his bangs out of his face, then did it again. And again. Aether noticed this and turned to his bag and pulled out a hair clip, handing it to Kazuha. The latter took it from the hand of the blonde, giving him a weird look, then clipped his bangs front to back. The clip was a gold colour with a beautiful white and blue flower on the end.

"Thanks..." Kazuha mumbled. 

Aether nodded. "Of course. 'Kay, we need a game plan though. Oh! Idea! Would you like to hear it?" He teased, though his eyes danced around something more serious than his tone of voice.

Kazuha pondered for a moment, before agreeing. "Alright, let's hear it." He grinned, matching the traveller's tone.

"You should come with me, back to Sumeru to get news as quickly as possible. Or! We could see if you could see Scaramouche before he wakes up." Aether explained, patting his knees, switching from right to left to right again repeatedly as if a song was looping in his head. 

Kazuha hummed, then reached up and pulled the flower clip out of his hair. He placed it in his lap, before reaching up to the red streak in his hair and splitting it in three. He braided it while thinking of the best possible answer. This wasn't a simple yes, or no. This was a trip to an unknown land.

"I trust you'll be a great guide." Kazuha ran his fingers through the red in his hair, before flicking it back to its original state.

Aether jumped up with a grin, clapping loudly. He then clasped his hands together and swung his arms down, guiding his body to bend at the hip, his hands still clasped by the knee.

"Okay! I'll be a great guide! Oh shit, now I'm sounding like Paimon... Speaking of which, where is she?" Aether rambled, straightening up, then raising his arms and stretching his back.

"Paimon's here!" A high voice sing-songed. Paimon flew through the doorway of the room and circled Aether before stopping in the space between Kazuha and Aether.

"Alright, I heard we're going back to Sumeru! Let's get going!" Paimon pumped her fist in the air, matching Aether's enthusiasm.

The Inazuman gave a small smile before lifting himself to his feet. He swiped his hands across his pant legs, brushing any dust off.

"Glad to see you two so enthusiastic. Should we stop by any shops on the way?" 

Aether shook his head while Paimon replied. "Nope! Although... hm. Paimon doesn't think so. Anything we did need, Aether already had!" 

Kazuha huffed in amusement, then reached across his body with his right hand to wrap his hand around the hilt of his sword. He pulled on it experimentally, assumingly checking if it was still there.

"Alright then—" He inhaled heavily, "—Let's go. Lead the way, Aether."