CHAPTER 11 Trust Me

Saturday
10.30 A.M
Autobot's base

Is another casual weekend, the others already went out to patrol, leaving the iconic duo in the base. All the tools were scattered around the floor, Ratchet sat on the floor, fixing the broken wires while Connor sat on his shoulder, watching closely. The groundbridge had been acting up lately, and now the autobots can't go anywhere far for the moment. It is up for Ratchet to fix the problem now.

"There's something you're not telling me."

"....Huh?"

Ratchet said it all of the sudden, side glance at his charge as Connor looks back at him, smiling awkwardly at his guardian. "Wha…. What do you mean??"— Connor asked, he knows what Ratchet's talking about, is about the Decepticon Steve. Connor had been trying hide Steve away from the autobots for a long while, it has been two weeks after the others know Steve is just a worker working for Liam, the truth still hidden….. but Connor knew his guardian well, Ratchet's still skeptical about it.

"Your ears are red when you're lying." —Ratchet said as he pointed at his charge, Connor gasped and covered his ears, panicking. "No, I'm not!!" Connor shouted. "Ha! I know you're lying! Why are you covering your ears then?" Ratchet said, as he pointed at Connor with a wrench in hand, Connor looked at Ratchet, dumbfounded as he put down his hands, pointed at Ratchet with his finger angrily.

“You tricked me???”

Connor shouted angrily, clearly mad at Ratchet. Ratchet huffs slightly, rolling his optics. “There’s a lot of ways for people to start telling the truth, tricking is one of them.” Ratchet said, Connor shakes his head as he slowly climbs down from Ratchet’s shoulder, ignoring what Ratchet is saying. “I know you’re hiding something, Connor! Stop ignoring me and start telling me what it is!” Ratchet said, his salty tone showing in his voice as Connor waved him off, walking towards Lizzy who’s in her doll form, poking the tool that’s laying on the floor.

“There’s nothing for me to tell, stop asking.”

“I won’t stop until you spill it!”

Ratchet said angrily, turning around and facing his charge. Connor stops waking, turns back and glares back at him. “There’s nothing…”— Connor repeats again, Ratchet cuts him short, expression same as his, annoyed. “There is something, stop telling lies and start telling me the truth!” Ratchet said it with a warning tone, wrench pointing at the boy. Connor didn’t reply, instead he started walking again. “That’s it!” Ratchet yelled out loud, threw the wrench that he's holding on the floor, hard.

Connor stopped walking and looked back at Ratchet, shocked. “What the hell?!” Connor cursed, turned around and faced him again, both hands open wide, giving the medic a ‘what gives?’ expression.

“What the hell? That’s all you got?! What in primus name is wrong with you?!” —Ratchet said, fully standing up and walking towards his charge, pointing his finger at him as he started talking again.

“Ever since Kai told you about being cursed again, you've changed back to where we started! You decided not to tell me anything and not asking for help, like you did back when your hands started turning black. You…” Ratchet said angrily as he crouched down in front of his charge, pointed his finger at Connor. “You decided not to tell anyone, see how that gets to you. It gets you no-where!” —Ratchet said, his finger pushed Connor’s shoulder slightly, Connor looked at his finger, then back at Ratchet.