Chapter 5 - A Stone Bucket

The beautiful female's presence had been a surprise. Charlotte had never seen any females before and she hadn't expected them to be so gorgeous. She'd been even more surprised when the female draped her shawl over her. It wasn't exactly warm but the layer brought her much-needed comfort.

Despite how terrified she was, she couldn't help but look past the Uu'k'asht who were obviously still discussing her, to gaze at the river. A river! She'd never actually seen a real river before! It was beautiful, and terrifying. She decided she did not like the way the water dragged at her and didn't know how the Uu'k'asht weren't concerned with it.

Finally, the female and the other male went their separate ways and the one holding her inhaled deeply, his huge chest expanding against her. His armor was some kind of thick, flexible leather. But his hands were covered in a layer of fine hair, like peach fuzz, and she wondered if all of him was likewise fuzzy.

Charlotte squeezed her eyes shut. When she opened them, they were in the camp, and walking up to a large tent with red and blue banners out front.

Did I pass out? she wondered in alarm as she flinched hard in her captor's arms.

He patted her on the hip and said something in his language as he tucked into the tent.

The air was full of a sweet-smelling smoke and the inner walls were draped with sheer, colorful fabrics that billowed as the tent swayed in the soft breeze outside. The female she'd seen by the river was there, standing beside what looked like several large, metal bathtubs with her arms folded beneath her breasts.

Despite the warmth of the air, she was still cold and she realized she must have still been losing blood. The wound in her side was pretty gnarly.

The other Uu'k'asht walked in followed by yet another who, oddly, was wearing what looked like a pair of round spectacles. He wasn't as large as the others and wore no armor. Instead, he wore some kind of tunic made of thin, pale blue material, and brown leather pants.

He didn't look happy as he stalked in with his leather satchel and immediately started going off. The only word she recognized was Ahnekk and she was wondering if that was her captor's name.

"Gondroll, techya! Delun," her captor said, looking pointedly down at her in his arms.

The new guy, Gondroll, she assumed, looked down at her and blinked. Then frowned as he came over, adjusting his curious spectacles.

More words were exchanged between them and her captor, Ahnekk, adjusted his hold on her so Gondroll could see her side and knee, then nodded to her wrist.

Gondroll frowned hard as he lifted the hem of her thin shirt to get a better look at the wound in her side and she winced as the material pulled at the edges of the slice. Then he put her shirt back down and carefully lifted her broken wrist. She could feel the bones grinding together as he lifted it and she gritted her teeth, unable to hold back the miserable moan of agony. Her eyes even started to water, but she didn't pull her hand away.

"Se, se, se," he said gently before putting her wrist back down on her chest. Everything hurt and she was so tired. Gondroll asked more questions and between Ahnekk and his other friend, they answered.

Finally, they seemed to agree on something and started taking their clothes off.

"What the fuck?" Charlotte said weakly as they stripped down to loincloths. If they took those off too she was going to make a run for it. Luckily, they didn't. Ahnekk slowly set her on her feet and her knees promptly tried to give out. Especially her left, which was throbbing in time with her heartbeat. Her entire body felt so heavy.