Chapter 49 - S. O. S.

Charlotte stared at the guard. He stared back.

The tinkling sounded loud between them.

His eyes shifted awkwardly and she grinned at him.

The stupid mother fucker hadn't allowed her to piss in private so she was happy to make it as awkward for him as possible. If only she needed to shit too...

"Hurry the fuck up," he grumbled.

"I have to do my kegel exercises," she said, flexing her muscles to cut off the urine stream. She held it, then released, flexed and released.

"Knock it off," he said irritably.

"Apparently I'm gonna squat off two alien babies, so I gotta be sure my pelvic floor is in tip-top shape," she said, keeping her face straight and serious as she flexed and released, flexed and released.

Saying it aloud was still terrifying but she wasn't going to let this dip-shit know she was scared.

He grimaced and grumbled, "How the fuck did I get stuck with this bullshit?"

"Speaking of shit," she said.

He looked at her slowly, eyes wide.

"Just kidding," she said. "I just wanted to see the look on your face."

She finished, cleaned up, and was escorted out of the restroom to see two more guards waiting for her in the corridor, standing on either side of the door.

They walked her through the halls of what was obviously a research vessel until they reached the door to a lab. 

It slid open and they matched her through, passing a creepy bastard in a white lab coat who wore a friendly smile below his dead eyes and watched her like a bug under a microscope that he planned to dissect.

Definitely gonna have to kill that one, she thought as she was walked into a staging room where her wrists were secured by a robot.

Hundreds of years ago, humans had created robots in their image, but as time went on, robots took on a different visage as people realized that robots didn't need to be limited to two arms and legs and were, in fact, more efficient when equipped with more appendages.

As such, most robots now more closely resembled spiders.

This one was a multi-purpose medical bot meant to be able to restrain and sedate uncooperative patients. If she didn't do as she was instructed it would trank her from a distance, and then just drag her unconscious ass wherever it wanted her to go. Or, wherever that freaking psycho in the lab wanted her.

Once her wrists were secured, the guards stepped back and the robot led her along the track in the floor with most of its appendages tucked against its center mass.

She was walked past the two Uu'k'asht she didn't know, then past Tasha, who stood at the bars, watching her with concern in his eyes.

"Charlotte," he said. "What happened? What did they do?"

She didn't look at him as she was led into her cell. She didn't speak.