Settling In

Amy is a wonderful woman.

She could handle an army with just a blow of her huge hammer and could withstand any type of enemy that stood in her way. Not only that, her cooking is distinctive. As someone who lived on the streets and survived on only a handful of bread and a small amount of water every day, her homemade meals were nothing but a blessing. Throughout the three years they were together, the blue hedgehog was able to build his body perfectly and avoid starving himself.

She helped most of the bandits stay healthy, as well as his little brother Miles.

He is fully indebted to all the things she did, truly. A part of him is excited to meet her again, but the reason they separated in the first place was because of his inconsistency while they were in a relationship.

Just like everyone said, Sonic never stayed in one place for too long. Running here and there, he can keep up with almost anything. Throughout his childhood, he ignored most of his duties and didn't take the time to learn about the people around him. Because his head is always chasing the elite rank or higher, he can be ignorant at times.

It gets to the point where Amy feels like she's being used, and separated after Vector's death. As a result of this chaotic situation, nothing could be more conducive to the healing process of heartbreak than the times when chaos has erupted in the group.

As he continues to walk in the deep forest, his eyes glisten as he notices the light on the path becoming clearer. This reveals a small cottage cafe in front of him decorated with green and pink flowers. Beside him, there's a wooden sign that says 'Mayflour Bakery'.

Sonic checks the note Espio lent to him to see if he has arrived at the right destination. He was correct.

May is just another form of Amy's name. How creative.

As he prepares, he takes a deep breath. He could hear the distinct sound of clattering pans and a creaking fire in the oven. The delicious smell of newly baked desserts filled his nose with delight. The light in the window reflected the shadows of Amy running back and forth in her kitchen. Some words could be heard from the window and there was another voice.

Slowly he raised his right leg to walk towards the wooden door. He swallowed nervously before knocking as soon as he turned towards the entrance. His palms felt sweaty and his heartbeat was accelerating rapidly. What will Amy think of him? Will he embarrass himself? Or will she kick him out?

But Espio already informed Amy about the mission, so it should be alright.

Right?

After some mid-panic attacks and overthinking, he finally knocked on the door two times. There are voices from inside the house until there's a muffled voice calling for the hedgehog. After that, a soft and familiar click can be heard and the door opens. In front of him was a young woman wearing a floral dress, her hands covered in flour and some of it on her face.

Amy.

And suddenly the world is silent again. It looks like she's still trying to get used to his presence and doesn't even seem aware of what happened to him. She was frozen in both fear and surprise, her lips quivering in shock. Her cheeks turned red with flushes from the sudden change, causing him to smile sheepishly.

"Hey," he says, taking a step forward.

"You're here," her voice cracks as she speaks. "You look different from what I remember."

A smile formed on her lips. It's been too long since he last saw that smile again. A relieved sigh slipped from his lips, as well as a smile.

"Of course I do, Ames. Do you think I would still be a grouchy teen?"