The Masquerade

So, the masquerade.

Three weeks have passed and the thief has spent nothing but dance lessons on the event.
At first, he wanted to avoid the party culture and just focus on stealing. However, the colors of his teal quills were too revealing if he wanted to sneak in like before.
Amy had told him that guests were not allowed to wear cloaks or jackets during the event; everyone must dress formally and courteously.

For the past few days, he spent most of his time at Rouge's bar, listening to each other's stories and getting to know each other so well. She even offered him dancing lessons after he told her that he wanted to participate in the masquerade, but didn't know how to. As a result, he acquired the ability to act quickly and follow his steps according to the rhythm of a song. In short, it turned out surprisingly well.

Amy on the other hand, helped him find a suitable formal outfit for him as a disguise. Although his social skills are impressive and reliable, his language is rash. The type of people he will meet are different from those he meets in the bandits' group. Amy had to deliver a full-length speech on mannerisms because he cursed so much. He had to learn which spoons he had to use to eat different types of meals, how to greet and talk to a guest formally, etc.

He knows deep inside he won't even use those during the party. He'd rather avoid everyone and starve himself if he had to remember all of that.

And here he is, wearing a velvet blouse and a vest, enhanced by a black tuxedo with golden accessories. He holds tightly to his black mask, which matches the theme of his outfit. The man leans against the wooden fence as he gazes fondly at the flashing atmosphere of the town from above the cliff while waiting outside the cafe for Amy and Cream's preparations.

He could hear the carts being pulled, the citizens' laughter, the sound of dishes clattering in the crowds as well as the music being played on stage. The forest behind him swooshes the dried leaves into the air and land on the ground, the wind blowing the strand of his quills. His mind drifted into nothing but peace.

He had never felt so calm around loud noises except for this one. He seems to find it so strangely addicting to be surrounded by sounds that aren't caused by the chaos of war and endless loops of agony cries. Having grown accustomed to the sounds that surround him, he once wished to be mute and isolated from the world. He wanted to be alone and connect with no one, to be able to concentrate on nothing.

But now...

"Sonic!"

A familiar voice calls out his name from behind. After turning around, he finds the rose hedgehog wearing a pale blue gown with white bows in her hair, laced from top to bottom. Cream follows right behind, holding a basket. They approach and join him near the fence. Sonic smiles at them.

"Well, I can't say you guys look bad either!" He compliments cheerfully.
Cream giggles as Amy turns the other way, embarrassed.

"Hehe, thanks! You look good in that too, Sonic," the rabbit points out. He chuckles as he responds with a nod.
"Shall we get going?" The blue hedgehog waves his hand in anticipation, inviting the girls to walk down the cliff. "After all, you don't want the delicious food to get cold, right?"

Amy sighs, stepping ahead of him. "You only care because there are chilidogs on the menu,"
He follows from behind, "Whoever says that? You know you're the one who planned out the whole menu, and I wasn't expecting my food will be there, too!"

He speeds up his tracks to walk beside Amy as he continues to argue with her statement.
"They're not yours, by the way! I cooked for everyone at the party, not yours alone to take,"

"That's not gonna stop me from taking all of it!" He grins as his head raise high.

"You- !!" Amy raise her left hand on the basket to clench her fist jokingly, her smile sharpening but before she could even do so the cerulean ran as fast as he can in front of them, arriving at the front gate.