Don't Say My Name

"Silver, wait."

Blaze stopped Silver before he could even turn the doorknob to her office, preparing to leave for the night. The advisor halted his steps and turned around to glance at the princess by his shoulders. He held his shoulder bag tight as he looked at her.

"Yes, my lady?"

She stood up from her seat and started cleaning up the papers that were scattered on her desk. She then proceeded to blow the candle out of the flame.

"I know you're not going to like the sound of this, but..."

She walked towards her closet, opening it as she shuffled through a bunch of dresses and ruffled through the mixed shirts. She kept on finding the right fit for her until she pulled out a few, instantly looking back at her advisor to respond.

"May I accompany you on your way home?"

Silver blinked a couple of times, then his pupils dilated at her request.

This is sudden. She has never been inside his house since she was crowned princess of Sol. In addition to spending time with her knights, she has always been busy. Not that he would complain about why. He understood her situation well, but why all of a sudden?

"...Oh? Is there something you need from me?"

She nodded, smiling softly in the distance. "Sort of. I wanted to meet Espio if you don't mind."

His expression became even more bewildered. Did it have something to do with how he acted on the training field that afternoon?

Oh, Chaos, she must've felt weirded out by how he behaved. Of course, she would be concerned!

His mouth gapes, unsure of what to say and what is appropriate at this time. His fingers trembled, and then quickly turned into a fist to his side.

He was aware that Espio hated royals, and he could only wonder what would happen if Blaze, a princess, came over to his place unannounced.

How would the chameleon react? If Silver were in his shoes, he would most likely be pissed.

Betrayed.

Inviting royalty like Blaze would certainly complicate the situation between him and Espio!━

"Sure."

✧✧✧

Shadow looks at his reflection in his lighted mirror. He stares at his muslin dress shirt as he keeps fixing his pleated front. Considering it is so late in the evening, he is unsure whether it is a wise decision to pick some extravagant clothing.

He would have asked the servants to prepare it for him, but since this occasion is secret, he had to retreat early from dinner to prepare. He wished he could look back in time and struggled to choose clothes to wear to such an event.

How would he know to blend in with the commoners in the bar without getting spotted? More importantly, why did Sonic choose to meet in a public place?

On the table is a piece of paper that contains Sonic's reply to him and instructions on where he would be waiting. Shadow still wonders about what exactly it is that he does or is trying to do in a place like a bar. He would have chosen a different place, like Mayflour.

As last time they met, he could have asked Amy to close the place. He could only assume, however, that maybe the cafe was not just for him to use.

She has customers to serve. Why did he even think that the cafe was only for him and the thief?

It's better if it stays like this, at least until Shadow knows what kind of person Sonic is. It would take him years to figure out who Sonic is, let alone why he is doing all of those things he does.