1 Stranger

"Hey!". I flinch and look at Daniel, "Y-yes?". "Bring me another beer! Fast!". I quickly get up and run to the fridge, I grab a beer and run to give it to him. "Finally, took you long enough". He takes a sip and looks at me, "Listen, my boss wants to meet me tomorrow, he asked me to bring you along.. So you're gonna cover everything with make up and do as I say got it?!". I nod. "Good, now go to the bedroom and leave me the fuck alone". I quickly get up and walk to the bedroom.

-next day-

"Wake up and put this on" he tells me with a stern voice. I sit up immediately and put it on, it's so revealing.. I'm gonna have to cover up so many bruises... I sit at my make-up desk and cover everything up. "COME ON YOU STUPID BITCH WHY DO YOU TAKE SO LONG" he yells from the other room. I quickly finish up and run to him. "Stupid slut, get in the fucking car". I do as he says.

-at the restaurant-

I can't take this anymore. I just can't. I don't know what to do. "This is my girlfriend, (y/n)" he tells them. He grips my hand making me flinch, I fake a smile to his boss. I look down as he let's go again. It's gonna be another bruise.

I don't like this. I look around the place, I try to think of anything that will get me out of this situation. I just don't know how.

-in the car-

"I told you to do what I say didn't I!?". "Y-yes". "Then why were you not listening?!". "I- I don't know, I'm sorry!". "Just wait til we get home..". My breathing grows heavier, I'm so scared.

He pulls over in the driveway and pulls me into the apartment. As soon as he shuts the door behind us, he starts hitting me. "Stupid worthless bitch! You're making me look bad in front of my boss for fun huh?!". He hits me in the face then throws me to the ground. "P-please..". "Shut the fuck up!".

-later-

I can't anymore. I carefully look out the door and see Daniel sleeping on the couch. I carefully open the window and jump out. I'm never gonna get away from this. I run as far as I can, just to go somewhere far away from him. I see a bridge and run towards it. I grab onto the railings and look down. Should I just end it? My life has no meaning anyway... I hop onto the railings, my feet dangling in the air. "WAIT!" I hear someone yell, but I continue to look at the driving cars under me. "Please don't jump!". I turn and see a guy dressed in a suit. "Let me do it, I'm worthless, I can't keep living like this" I start to feel tears forming in my eyes. "No please! Just talk to me, but please don't jump. Please, just get off the railings and talk to me..". I give in and get up.

"Fine..". "Come on, let's go sit over there" he says pointing to a bench. We walk there and sit down. "Hello, I'm Michael, what's your name?". "(y/n)". "What a beautiful name, wanna tell me what's going on? It helps". I shiver and look over at him. "Are you cold?". I nod. He takes off his jacket and comes close to me. I flinch back and squint my eyes. "Hey, hey.. Its okay.. I was just gonna give you my jacket". I relax a bit again as he lays his jacket over me. I snuggle myself in it, "t-thank you". "No problem, want to talk?". I sigh, "I- I guess. I, I just can't keep living like this. My boyfriend abuses me everyday, I have to cover up all the bruises I get and I have to pretend that everything is fine. I just, I don't want to anymore. He hits me, he yells at me, he curses at me, he uses me, he-... he rapes me.. I, I just ran away. I want to end it, before he comes looking for me" I tell Michael with tears streaming down my face.

"I'm so sorry for you.. You seem like such a sweet woman, you don't deserve this". I look at him in shock, "Y-you think?" I snif. "Yes, you seem like a lovely woman, I don't think anyone should be treated like this and just so you know, you're not worthless and you're certainly not any other words he calls you". I look at him, "I- I've never heard anyone tell me that..". He looks down at me, "I'm so sorry, do you maybe wanna hug?". I hesitate but decide to hug him. He slowly opens his arms for me to come closer. I think he might be nice. I shrug towards him then hug him tightly. He carefully hugs back. We both let go and I look back at the ground. "But, where do I go now?" I ask worryingly. "I don't want my boyfriend to find me, I'm scared Michael". Tears start forming in my eyes and I burst out crying. "Hey, it's okay. It's all going to be alright" he tells me in a quiet, soothing voice, "You can stay with me, if you want I can make you some tea, you can cuddle yourself in some blankets and we can talk. What do you say?". I look up at Michael, "Wow, I'm- speechless.. You'd really do that for me?". "Of course, I love helping people! I love seeing them happy" he smiles. "Okay, I guess I can come with you then.. I'm still kind of cold". "That's great, it would be amazing to have you over" he smiles at me. His smile looks so sweet, he seems like he really is a nice guy..

Though I can't just trust anyone.