Chapter 1: Apologize

AHHHHH I LOVE NINE AND SONIC SO IM MAKING A FIC ABOUT THEM!!!

YEA LETS GET INTO IT!!!

Sonic realizing he was an ass?? LOVE IT

Gay hedgehogs? YES

SPOILERS‼️
______________________

Sonic was back in his world. After months of torture and longing for his friends, his real friends. He was finally back. He kept the details short about his endeavors. But he told them the basics. A stillness washed over the room like a foggy cloud. He told them about their alternative selves. Well, most of their alternative selves. Amy didn't need to know about Rusty Rose just yet.

Shadow was there. In the corner of the room sending him a low glare. He still kept up his "I despise that blue menace"—front. But they all knew that he didn't mean it. The wouldn't speak on it though.

Sonic finished explaining everything and suddenly the room became quiet. Tails looked at him shocked. The stillness becoming a wall surrounding them as they took in the new information. Sonic would leave the apologies till after they interrupted the news.

Suddenly, the silence was broken by none-other than Knuckles;

"I was a pirate?"

Laughter. Loud and bubbly spilled over the room. The others looked at the Echidna with confusion then they all burst out into laughter as well. Sonic stood by Knuckles and placed a hand on his shoulder as he doubled over in laughter, arm over his stomach and his other arm wrapping around the echidnas shoulders as he pulled his friend closely. Sonic wiped a fake tear from his eye he looked at his friend and smiled.

"You're the salt of the Earth Y'know that Knux?"

Knuckles chuckled, smirking at the hedgehog. Returning the favor of wrapping his own arm around the other then using his other arm to ruffle the hedgehogs quills.

"I know, blue."

Sonic realized that this. This Knuckles, HIS Knuckles would always be his Favorite Knuckles.

Sonic became quiet again once he pulled away from the others hold. They all looked at him with confusion in their features. Then shock as the Blue blur slowly knelt down in front of them all. Shadow uncrossed his arms from across the room. Sonic knelt on one knee and looked down before be began to speak.

"I'm sorry." He said softly. Gasps sounded softly around the room.

"I was stupid to not listen to you all. I was too self centered around defeating egghead that I didn't listen to your warnings." He began his long but sincere apology. He apologized for his stupidity, his arrogance, his attitude, and for everything else. He apologized not only to his team. But to the ones he cared about. His friends, his family.

He promised to do better. He promised he would listen to them carefully from now on. He promised to be a better hero. A better friend. And a better hedgehog.

"I know I can't just ask for forgiveness, but I'll do everything in my power to make it up to you guys. I'm so sorry." And with that final sentence he stopped speaking. They all stood in shock. He didn't stand until suddenly several bodies flew into his and he was wrapped in the biggest hug of his life.