Chapter 2: Played like a Fiddle

(I AM THE MASTERMIND HES MY APPRENTICES

YOUR ONLY STILL ALIVE BECAUSE I MADE A PROMISE...)

HEHEHEHDJSNFJSN

FIGURE OUT THE MEANING OF THIS QUOTE FROM A SONG- THIS QUOTE MAKES A BIG PART IN THIS STORY!!!
________________________________

Nine jumped down from his place on the ceiling. His mechanical tails fighting off the robots for him as he made his way out of the facility. The red blaring light blinding him slightly but he pushed through.

He was determined to finish what he'd been planing for a month now.

After being captured by the chaos council Nine played them. He played them like his personal fiddle. Geniuses vs. a mastermind really. Nine knew they'd catch on sooner or later but that didn't matter. Nine had several tricks up his sleeve, or rather.... His mechanical Tails.

Nine used his mechanical tails to throw himself into the main room. He shifted his tails to make him dodge each beam coming his way.

You see, soon after he got "captured" he upgraded his mechanical tails. (Secretly of course) He made them more...deadly. Weapons lining the inside of each robotic tail. Each one having a different device planted inside it.

Nine was the fiddle player.

The council soon came around the corner and into the main room yelling at him to give back the shard. One of Nine's robotic tails shot a blue beam right at one of the council members. The member yelled in surprise and ducked down just in time before the back of his chair blew up into bits. Rusty Rose was back as well. Nine dodged one of her metallic arms that reached for him.

And here was his fiddle.

Nine smirked. Another one of his robotic tails suddenly clashed with Rusty Rose's stretched out arm. The tail wrapped around the metal appendage and she was then thrown into the wall. Nine wasted no time and turned his body, launching himself through the wall. Yet again, one of his other tails shot a hole through the wall without warning.

Nine wrapped the small shard into a contraption he made just for it. To contain its energy until further use. It was a small metal-like box, golden in color and he clasped it onto his belt like a magnet. The box glowing with a bright color but the energy no longer affected that around it.

Nine used his birth given tails and suddenly began to fly. He hadn't done that in years but this was a need.

Nine dodged the oncoming arm of Rust Rose when she leaned out the hole in the wall. She tried to reach him but her arms refused to go that far. She watched in programmed anger as the fox turned to her, smirked, and flew away.

Nine flew away until he landed on the ground and began to run down below the city, running and pressing in the code to the locked door of his hideout. He let the door slam behind him, sliding shut once he stepped inside.

Nine grabbed the box from his belt and threw it onto his work table. He grabbed the chair and stared at the golden box laying on the table. He smirked.

"Don't worry. I'll get you working in no time. Once I do...you take me to Sonic." He whispered down to the shard once he opened the box and set it up on his display he made for it. The shard glowing brightly at the statement, like Nine was heard.

Nine rolled his chair over to the other side of the table, blueprints littering the area. How did they get there you ask? Well. He was a mastermind after all. Before he was captured, before Sonic, he was thinking of making a contraption. This invention was a surprise though. Nine grabbed a mask, flipped down the shield of it and started working.

_________________________

Nine had always been smart. After he made his tails to defend himself and make sure that no one bothered him, he became even smarter. Using his time to read and learn about the messed up world around him. The more he learned however... the more ideas he had. His inventions becoming larger and larger. He built his hideout away from the others, away from the chaos council.

He never knew of the shards, or the prism. But he knew something was off about this world he lived in. And after meeting Sonic he finally figured it out.

Nine flicked up his helmet/shield. He looked down at his invention he'd been working on for years. With his gloved hand he picked up the small shard off the stand. He felt the energy flow through him as he slowly began to set it down into his invention.

This contraption had never worked before. It needed a massive amount of energy to work, and no matter how he changed the design he couldn't get it just right. The invention wasn't going to be used how he planned because now he had a new mission.

Setting the shard down into the small compartment on the top of the invention Nine watched it glow with massive chunks of energy and light. Nine looked away for a moment so he didn't go blind. When he looked back he picked up the invention and began to laugh as the invention powered on.

"YES!" He yelled out in awe. He laughed. Finally. With this invention his plan would work the way he planned it to. The invention needing to be held with both arms, it was large yes but it needed to be to hold the energy.

"Now... find Sonic." Nine pointed it at his wall, pulling the trigger.

__________________________

NINE YOU SMART SON OF BI—

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER THE NEXT ONE WILL BE LONGER BUT FOR NOW PLEASE ENJOY!!!

See you guys next time.

BYEEEEE