Chapter 3: Prism chaos

Nine is a badass

That's it.

That's the whole chapter.

And Tails is too smart for his own good

Nine is as well but he kicks ass with his smarts

(This chapter will be over 2k words so buckle the fuck up)

__________________________

Nine pushed past the sudden wave of energy that came from the bullet of the gun he shot. When the bullet his the wall, everything shook.

Nine dropped to his knees when he couldn't stay steady. The large portal-time-warping- machine gun being much stronger then he suspected it to be. He felt the ground shake and tremble beneath him. He smirked despite the situation ahead.

Nine used his robotic tails to hold him up when he stood. The blast of energy not dying down anytime soon. And he knew that the council was well on their way but he ignored that fact, instead looking at awe at the portal in front of him. A large red and green portal beamed in front of him.

He'd seen the power of the prism before. When Sonic had been sucked in. (he pushed back the thought that, the entire situation was his fault. The way Sonic had warned him that he shouldn't touch the shard because of his bud "Tails" had warned him but Nine ignored him. And he pushed him to grab the shard. And Sonic was lost.)

Nine shook the thought away. He'd never seen the power like this though. It was amazing.

-CRASH-

One of his mechanical tails shot out beams and lasers at the intruders. Nine didn't even look back when a metal arm reached for him. It missed and hit the side of the wall with a loud crash.

"Too late, Rose." He glared at her. The metal arm retracted. His gaze hit Rusty Rose herself. She stood tall, with the council behind her.

"Give it up Nine-tailed fox. That shard isn't yours. Hand it over or we'll have to get it by force." Her voice sounded out after a few seconds. He gave a pity laugh. His back turned to them his metal tails spread out like a spiders legs. Each tail morphing into a weapon. A gun, sword, laser, saws, and much more they didn't even get the chance to see just yet.

"I'd love to see you...try." He lifted his own gun, the one he used to open that portal. His invention.

He pressed a switch on the end of the gun. It transforming into an even bigger gun. He turned to face them. Then pointed the gun straight at Rusty Rose.

"Now this is my baby's first intentional use. Take one damn step and I shoot. Or you get the hell out of here when I walk into this portal. Take your pick." He smiled 'innocently'. The council scoffed at him and Rose didn't even react. One of the members spoke up after a second of laughter.

"What, that portal gun? What are you gunna do? Send us to a world where we'll rule once again?" The others laughed with him. Nine's innocent smile turned into a shit-eating grin.