Chapter 8: A part of me

Sonic going through it the entire chapter.

That's all

(Sonknux and Sonadow for like 3 seconds idk which one to pick...Maybe both?? And Knuxadow if you look close enough it's barely there but there's hints and the next chapter will explain more)

BIG SIS ROUGE???? YES I LOVE HER

But mainly Just angst for like 3k words

___________________

Soon Knuckles loosened his grip on Sonic. Sonic felt his shoulder become damp with Knuckles' tears but he knew that information was only for him so he pulled Knuckles even closer and repeated what Shadow told him.

"He...Tails still has a pulse...he'll be fine Knuckles. He'll be okay..." he didn't lie either. He knew that the fox was just as—if not more— stubborn then he was. Tails would be okay. He kept saying and repeated it until he himself believed those words.

Knuckles didn't know why he was so upset. Yes he and the fox got along relatively well but not nearly as much as Sonic and the fox did. They were brothers, not by blood but by the things they shared and the things they went through together. He knew he shouldn't have said those things to Sonic and he; deep down, felt bad for saying such hurtful things to the blue hedgehog.

Knuckles wasn't as close with the others but sometimes he noticed the way Sonic would try and include him more, the way the fox would help Knuckles with understanding new forms of technology and many other things. Sonic had told him to open up more and that no one would judge him for it. Sonic and Knuckles were rivals, slightly friends at best. And Knuckles had slowly excepted that fact.

He watched Sonic huddle over Tails and for the first time; Sonic cried and wailed in front of them all. Even Shadow no less. Sonic cried out for his brother and Knuckles became angry. He had Knocked the other fox unconscious, he didn't put much force into it cause he knew that this thing was still Tails. But that didn't mean he wasn't angry. The fox, Nine, seemed to be in pain before Knuckles knocked him out. Clearly the other fox wasn't in the right mind and Knuckles questioned everything about what happened in just a few minutes.

Knuckles was going to do more but then the hedgehog stepped in front of the other. And Knuckles was shocked. He questioned Sonic about his knowledge of the fox and began to yell at him for not being there. The look of utter sadness and guilt that covered the hedgehogs face as he said those words almost make Knuckles want to take them back, but he was so angry at the fact that he could lose the fox. Even though they didn't talk much but Tails had always been kind to him, at first a bit wary of him because Knuckles had hurt his brother and fought him. But soon the fox seemed to let that go despite Knuckles not understanding why.

The fox would talk to him about inventions and ideas of his. Knuckles would roll his eyes and seem to not care but secretly he would listen.

He knew the kit didn't have a great childhood. They all didn't have the best lives. But the more he learned about the fox the more he questioned how Sonic had found him. How they bonded so easily. And how Sonic, while being young; raised the fox by himself. He wondered what Sonic had went through. The hedgehog had told him once that he was an orphan when he found Tails and took him in. And he was even younger when he started fighting Eggman. Knuckles wanted to push for more details but the look on the hedgehogs face told him not to. So he didn't.