Chapter 3- work

Lilah Bullard

"Caroline?" I call placing a latte on the pick up counter.

"Hey lilah you can go on break." My manager Max says.

"Ok thank you." I smile, heading to the back room.

I check my phone seeing a message from Ivey.

Ivey: hey wanna go to the game later?

I sigh knowing I'm going but not wanting to. I'm only there to support Colden. Not Kaden. Is what I tell myself.

Me: yeah ofc

I go to put my phone away when I get another text.

Ivey: good cuz I already got us jerseys. Sorry girl you have Kadens. 😬

Shit. Fucking Ivey. By the time I finish my muffin my breaks up and I have to finish my shift.

I walk to the register while tying my apron.

"Hey what can I get you." I say finishing the bow in the back.

"Can I get a cappuccino?" He says.

I look up into Kadens eyes as he leans on the counter infront of me.

"What are you doing here Kaden?" I say getting annoyed.

"I came for coffee?" He says playing dumb.

"Right. And that's it?" I grit out.

"No I also wanted to know if you were coming to the game." Kaden confesses.

"Is everything ok here?" Max says putting his hand on my lower back.

I tense feeling uncomfortable. "Everything's fine this is my friend." I say stepping closer to the counter and out of his hold.

"Yes Kaden I will be at the game." I say.

"Okay." He says clenching his jaw. "Oh and hands off."

Max looks at him like he slapped him and steps away from me. I let go a breath u didn't know I was holding as Kaden walks back through the door.

what is this feeling? And why is it for Kaden?

***
I finally finished curling my hair and now pulling the jersey with Kadens number 28 on it and his last name.

"Ready?" Ivey says from the door.

"Yeah coming."

We head to the rink and get good seats next to the penalty box.  And wait as the rest of our UNI fills the rink. We have a home game against the 2end top UNI in our state making this a very important game.

"Jason Conner!" The name booms throughout the rink signalling to everyone that the game is starting. We watch the rest of the opposing team flood through the gate and wait for ours.

"Lucas Smith!" I didn't even realize the guy I met at the party was on the team.

"Colden Bullard!" My brothers echos and once again the crowd goes wild. But I wasn't prepared for next.