Chapter 5- comforatable

Lilah Bullard

Waking up was tough. Kaden is so heavy and the deepest sleeper I think you'll ever meet.

"Kaden." I whisper. "Kaden."

"Lilah." He says in a sleepy voice. Jesus Christ.

"I have to go to class." I say trying to get out from underneath him.

"why?" He whines... he fucking whines.

"Ok come on." I say pulling him off the couch with me and dragging him to my room.

I lay him on my bed and tuck him in. "I have a 2 hour lecture and then break I'll be back after that. And then we can talk ok?"

"okay." He says pushing his head into my pillow.

I grab my laptop and bag and start to get dressed. I pull my shirt off and look in my closet for a fresh one.

"Do you have to go to class?" Kaden says.

I look over my shoulder to see his eyes hooded with sleep and something else.

"Yes I do." I chuckle.

He lets out a groan of frustration and rips off his shirt before whipping it at me. I catch it and look at it. Hm this will do. I toss it over my head and tuck the bottom into my bra so it's cropped and put on my low waisted baggy jeans and grab my bag.

"Ok bye." I say leaving the room.

Kaden Ammeretie

I watch her leave the door in my shirt. My shirt. what in the fuck is this feeling. I love it. I smile to myself before covering myself in her blankets that smell heavenly. Like pomegranates and flowers.

I don't know when I fell asleep or how long I was asleep for but I do know that Lilah is curled up in my arms in my black t-shirt and shorts.

She has light makeup on and her lips look bright pink. I don't know how long iv been staring at her , or unconsciously rubbing circles with my thumb on her bare waist but I know it was long enough for her to wake up.

"Your going to burn a hole through my face." she says smiling.

"Mhm." I hum.

"can we talk about this?" She says lightly placing her hand on my bruised ribs.

"What about it?" I say tensing.

"why did your dad do this?" She whispers.

"he was drunk again. No big deal." I say getting out of her bed.

"No big deal?! What do you mean no big deal?" She says now sitting up and coming over to me.

"He's a alcoholic Lilah. He has been since my mom died." I sigh.

"Kaden- I'm sorry." She says holding my torso.

"Don't apologize he isn't in my life."

"Why were you at his house then?" she asks starting to cry.

"because my little sisters there. I'm trying to get her out of there to live with our aunt." I say cupping her cheeks and wiping the tear away.