Chapter 6: A broken smile

Seher's POV

As Jade and I arrived at Liquors, we spotted Susan, Daniel and Sarah waiting for us just outside the club.

"Hey..." I greeted giving Daniel a light hug before hugging Susan.

"So, heard your honeymoon was amazing" I added, my words directed towards Daniel, who just took a heavy breath looking at Susan before replying.

"It sure was" He replied before giving a peck on Susan's lips.

"Ugh. Cringe!" Jade mumbled which by the way was audible to each one of us and that made us roll our eyes at her.

But there's actually something off about her since this evening, after she got home from the hospital. I haven't asked her yet though but now I guess I'll have to.

"Come on now, let's get inside. I need some alcohol in my system as soon as possible" Jade said as we all made our way inside.

After getting inside, everybody ordered some alcoholic drinks for themselves while I decided to stick with some soft drinks because I don't want to have a throbing headache tomorrow morning.

"So what's gotten into you?" I mumbled to Jade while our other three friends were deeply engrossed into some random conversation as Jade just frowned to my question and tried to act as if she didn't know what I was talking about.

"What's gotten into me?" She said repeating my words with a confused look on her face.

"What do you mean by that?" She added with a shrug before gulping her drink down in one go.

"Don't try and act smart because you know you are not" I replied with a stern look.

"Seher. I really don't get it. What are you going on about?" She asked to which I just raised an eyebrow, indicating that I wasn't buying her lies and that made her sigh in defeat.

"It's Mason..." She trailed off.

"What about him?" I asked curiously. 

"As you can see he is not here tonight..." She replied only to be interrupted by me.

"Oh Jade. It's not a big deal, sweetie. He must really be busy with his work or something" I said.

"I know that and I'm not upset because he's not here right now" She replied. 

"Then what else has gotten you all brooding and sulking?" I asked with a frown.

"Well, you would know if you just let me complete" She replied rolling her eyes as I just nodded, deciding to remain silent and listen to her.

"I think he's cheating on me" She added after a long pause as I couldn't help but gasp.

What the...

"Are you sure? What makes you think that?" I asked though I still couldn't believe that Mason could cheat on her.

He seems like a nice guy and more importantly he loves Jade, he would never do anything that would hurt her...right?

Or would he? I mean has he?

Nah. I don't think so.

"He seems a bit off lately...more like a bit distant...we don't talk anymore like we used to...we don't spend time with each other like we used to...so..." She trailed off with a shrug, her eyes welling up with unwanted tears before she just shook her head and put on a smile, which seemed broken, and ordered another drink.

"Jade, I think you have got it all wrong...whatever you just said doesn't make him a cheater...it doesn't means he's cheating on you" I said trying to make her see things in a different light.