Chapter 16: What are we!?

Seher's POV

"Arjun..." I mumbled subconsciously, looking at him as a pair of dark brown, captivating eyes looked right back at me, my voice came out as a soft whisper, which was barely audible even to my ears.

"What..." I trailed off while glancing around at my surroundings before looking back at him, shocked by his presence.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered the question to him, not knowing what kinda answer to expect from him.

If he says that he's here to pray and seek blessings, I wouldn't believe him. I would straight out know that he's lying, considering what he did the first time that we met.

He just stared at me for a moment, his face blank, making it impossible for me to read his expressions and tell what was going on in his head.

Why can't I ever read his face!?

"Arjun..." I whisper-yelled at him, trying to snap him out of his trance, well if he was in one and what he said next, froze me in my spot and to say that I was shocked would be an understatement as he said something that I wasn't expecting him to say even in a million years.

"Marry me, Seher" He said looking right into my eyes. My breath seemed to have hitched in my throat and with my heart pounding against my ribcage. I looked ahead once again for a brief moment before staring back at him, blankly.

A few minutes seemed to have passed since we got into a staring competition before I heard an unfamiliar, feminine voice ask, politely, that if we were done praying as they wanted to offer prayers as well and that was what snapped me out of my trance and back to reality.

Averting my gaze from Arjun, who was still staring at me, not even fazed by what the lady just said...as if he didn't even hear her. I joined my hands together and bowed my head down once again before getting off the floor and heading out quickly without saying a word to the man who couldn't seem to take his eyes off me.

"Seher...Seher..." I heard his familiar voice chasing me as I walked out of the Gurdwara in a haste, to my car which was parked outside.

"Seher..." He called me out yet again but not paying any heeds to his attempts of trying to stop me, I just kept walking out and just when I reached my car and was about to get in, his loud, harsh voice didn't just manage to stop me but it also made me flinch unknowingly.

"Seher!" He snapped before catching upto me and grabbing me by my upper arm, he yanked me towards him and as a result of such unexpected force I found landed flush against his chest.

My breathing quickened and I gulped nervously as I stood too close to him, so close that I could feel his warm breath fanning my face. My eyes looked into his dark brown ones, desperately looking for something that would justify his actions and what he said not even minutes ago, but alas, his stubborn self didn't let his gorgeous eyes give anything away.

"Are you fucking deaf!?" He snapped at me, snapping me out of the haze of his eyes, very harshly if I may add.

"Or were you just ignoring me?" He asked, his nostrils flared as he fumed red with rage.

"How dare you ignore me? Seher" He added and I would have definitely patted my own back and laughed hard at this situation, only if it wasn't so serious, I mean come on I've finally managed to get some reaction out of the great Arjun Malhotra, who seemed to have invented the 'poker face'.

He's usually so calm and composed, like still water of the river, but right at this moment he seemed to have turned into the water of the ocean, dangerous and not so still anymore.