Chapter 13: A workaholic

Seher's POV

"So...do you like the party?" Shubh asked while resting his hand on my waist as we danced to the slow music. Honestly I didn't want to dance but Shubh insisted and I couldn't say no, so here we are dancing together.

"Honestly, I have never really been a fan of such 'social...business gatherings..." I replied placing my hand on his shoulder.

"Me neither, what a coincidence!" Shubh exclaimed grinning as I couldn't help but shake my head at him.

"So any specific place you would like to go for our dinner date tomorrow?" He asked a moment later and I could tell that he was really looking forward to our dinner tomorrow.

"Dinner date? Huh" I asked teasingly.

"Of course it's a date" He replied.

"So tell me where would you like to go?" He asked once again as I thought over it for a moment before giving up.

"Actually the thing is, Shubh, that yeah it's been a year now since I'm back but I have just been so busy with my work that I haven't really been anywhere so..." I trailed off with a slight shrug.

"Alright, that's not a problem at all, I'll select a nice restaurant for us" Shubh replied and as we continued dancing, my eyes fell on a particular someone who was standing by the bar counter surrounded by who seemed to be his business colleagues.

How do I know they are his business colleagues? And not friends?

Well the answer is quite simple and short, firstly they definately don't look like they are friends and secondly, I don't think Arjun has any friends. He's a pure workaholic and the only friend he might have is probably his company or industries.

I really don't get it sometimes, how do people become so workaholic? Don't they miss spending time with their friends and family? Or don't they just miss spending some time alone with just themselves?

Ahem, my subconscious cleared her throat.

Let's not forget, Seher, your friends and family call you a workaholic too, the little voice in my head added.

Yeah, they do, because they don't know what an actual workaholic looks like. And there's a huge difference between the kinda workaholic that I am and the kinda workaholic that Arjun seems to be. I'm passionate about my career, I genuinely love helping people with their emotional and mental issues.

But at the same time I value my friends and family too, I love spending time with them, I always make sure to spare enough time from my work to dedicate it to my family and friends...the people who genuinely care about me.

But with Arjun, things seem to be completely opposite. The day that we first met, he told me that he doesn't questions his father and that one sentence had me wondering if he even has a good relation with him or not?

I don't think he spends enough time with his family or friends, that is if he has any. It seems like he is completely dedicated to his work and only work. No wonder he holds the first rank in the list of the most successful young businessmen in India.

But anyways, what do I know about business? Nothing! So for all I know maybe you just need to be a workaholic and that dedicated to your work to gain such position, reputation and respect.

And honestly why am I even judging Arjun anyways? I mean I have met the guy just once, just once! And we didn't even have a proper conversation in that one meeting, so who am I to judge him?

Maybe he's not the way I think he is, a workaholic I mean. Maybe he spends enough time with his family and has a bunch of friends too and for all I know...maybe he has a girlfriend too, or multiple ones for that matter and maybe that's also the reason why he rejected me.