Chapter 8: Hugs & tears

Seher's POV

"Seher...you have always been there for me whenever I was crying over the silliest thing that happened between Mason and I..." Jade paused pressing her lips together, which told me that she was trying very hard to hold back her tears.

"And now that you are leaving, I just don't know what I would do without you...I'm gonna miss you terribly, Seher" She continued as I couldn't help but just mumble an 'aw' as she swiftly hopped beside me on the couch and pulled me into a bear hug.

"Aw. I'll miss you too, Jade" I mumbled, rubbing her back as she literally wept on my shoulder while Mason raised the glass in his hand gaining everybody's attention, indicating that he was about to say a few words too.

"Seher, I'm sure you'll make one hell of a hot doctor..." He said jokingly, gaining a harsh glare from Jade while I just rolled rolled my eyes at his comment as everybody else just chuckled.

"And though it hurts me to see Jade cry for you as you leave and I'm sure we all will miss you too...but deep down I'm thankful that we'll finally have some privacy and not have anyone walking in on us while we are getting hot and heavy" He continued as I just shot him a playful glare before Dr. Morgan got off from the chair he was sitting on and stood in the center of our living room.

Is he going to say something too?

If yes, then, well...I'm surprised.

"So...Dr. Rajput..." Dr. Morgan paused nodding his head to himself while staring down at the glass in his hand, filled with the amber coloured liquor, as if thinking really hard about what to say further, my surname rolling off of his tongue in a really heavy American accent that it sounded almost foreign to my ears.

"She's an intelligent, young lady and I'm sure her future is very bright and she'll be an incredible doctor and make me proud" He continued.

"Though we would have loved to have such an incredible doctor as herself, here, all to ourselves, but she has some strong roots in India and they are calling her back" He added with a slight nod to himself, as if he was satisfied with the little speech he just gave.

"Thank you so much, Dr. Morgan..." I paused getting off from the couch that I was sitting on, to see him off, knowing that he was just about to leave as he already informed me earlier that he won't be able to stay for long as he has some other commitments as well, but since I insisted he did join us for dinner.

"You are my mentor, my teacher, you have taught me so much that I could never thank you enough..." I paused yet again and did something that I know surprised all of my friends present here and even Dr. Morgan.

I touched his feet, out of respect while hearing a few murmurs like 'Wait. What?' 'What the fuck is she doing?', from oblivious friends.

"Miss. Rajput, what on earth are you doing?" Dr. Morgan asked totally and completely caught off gaurd by my action.

"As I said, I consider you as my teacher and in my culture this is a way of showing respect to our teachers and elders and also seek their blessings" I replied with a small smile.

"Oh dear lord!" He mumbled in disbelief, as if it was a lot for him to take in.

"God bless you, dear" He said with a genuine smile.

"And thank you for the amazing Indian food, I really loved it" He added as I just nodded in acknowledgement while he took his leave.

"Ahh...my pretty, pretty Indian girl" Jade said throwing her arm over my shoulder. 

"I love you so much" She mumbled and I could tell the little amount of alcohol that she consumed was beginning to take a toll on her.

"Now that doctor Morgan is gone, can we begin the actual party and get drunk and wasted!" Sarah said with way too much enthusiasm in her voice.